The blog has now moved!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Balderdash - Sunday

I was woken by some semi-drunks at about 0300. I then lay half asleep for the rest of the morning. This gave me time to think slowly about something. Halls. So far nobody has said anything good about staying in halls and I've head LOADS of good stuff about not living in halls. Therefore I'm going to go with a house, probably with people from the CU, will work more out on Monday. Church was interesting, Johnathan talked about sincerity. As usual I'm going to sum it up. Sceptic: God, what should I do to please you? God: Feed the hungry, home the homeless, give what you do not need Sceptic: Uhh, I was just testing... God: Me too Pretty good message, don't fake being a Christian, it's not cool. After church we went around to Sue and Nick's house. I played with the 5 year old son (we think he's five, sorry if I'm wrong) a lot. I used to be just like him. The lunch was amazing and a good time was had by all. During lunch Steve showed how not to compliment a lady. He called Lorna (he meant good) a "Heavy-Weight Eater". We all laughed quite a lot at that one. After the most excellent pudding we played Balderdash. For those not cool enough to know what it is, the basic idea is that you make up meanings for words. I'm very good at it and came about 3rd (I was pretty much on my own too). It all went pretty well, until of coruse the very very last item. Lizzie (another name I didn't spell correctly) managed to get it round the wrong way and was the source of much much amusement. Apparently Lizzie has a friend who is just like me, a female friend. This is worrying, is there actually a female version of me? She's apparently 26 so "too old" for me, could be right, could be wrong. Lizzie for some reason didn't give me contact details... The evening service was very enjoyable and interesting. Not only are we going through a very good story (Ester) but Johnathan has also decided that making the evening services interactive is a good idea. I particuarly liked my answer to the question "What symptons would you get from a complete fast for 3 days?". My answer was "A rumbly tummy". Sarah and Brierley have apparently started to watch what they say around me a lot more carefully as I'm liable to put it on the blog, can't hurt them, it's a skill. After church something worrying happened. Lorna and Lizzie for some reason wanted to see Chris' six-pack and told him to flash it. Maybe I should get a six-pack?

Random Fact of the Day If I do get a haircut I should (apparently) get a 3 on top and 2 on the side, Chris volunteered to cut my hair, I may take him up on it. However, I have the opinion of a nice lady that I would look better with long hair. This isn't going to be easy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog reads like a boring adrian mole diary...

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention Pete and I kicked everyones butts at Balderdash! ;-)