The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Parents come to Visit - Wednessday

I slept through my alarm and as such couldn't get to the 0900 lecture. I managed to get to the 1000 lecture on time, alert and awake. I was prepared for something deadly boring. Instead I was delighted by stickmen and crude diagrams for the first hour. It was hard to pay attention for a whole two hours (even with a short break). However, I've got two tactics to employ. Drink water, it keeps you awake Secondly, sit at the front. Then you'll be forced to stay awake (note: don't do this if you're already half asleep). After the lecture I went to re-freshers fayre. I had brought with me a litre of water for this. I gave it to the CU table for when they got thirsty (see, I'm a lovely guy at heart) and got lots of free stuff from various places. I got back to Langstone and prepared to tidy up, but no, my parents had to arrive a half hour early and so I had no time to do that. We had lunch in the refectory and I was told why I should eat healthily. Because it'll make my skin better and solve the spots problem (or at least help to). So I'm not going to give up the cheap coke and just bring massive tubs of water around instead. After lunch we got a massive load of shopping from Asda and then I said farewell to my parents. I did some WoA stuff but it was almost 1700 so I didn't get much done. After dinner I played some time splitters with Gareth and then went to the CU pre-toasties meeting. The CU toasties was good fun, we had cheese toasties and sweets etc etc. Not as many people turned up as we'd hoped but those that did appeared to like the toasties. The toasties thing finnished at about 2230 and I'm going house-hunting with Gareth tomorrow. We've agreed that Ben would be a good 4th housemate and a good house was suggested to us (thanks Brierley). Just hope that it's still there.

Top Ten Dating Tips #4 Sarah (Lawrence's Sarah) has been providing me with tips for dealing with ladies. Today's excellent tip is. Chocolate, flowers and rubbish films are often useful in terms of peace-keeping. Keep a small supply for those emergency moments. Gifts should only, however, be given in moderation. A bunch of flowers is good, but every day when not officially an item has stalker connotations. Alos gifts should be appropriate for the target. Chocolates for someone on a diet or lactose intolerant may seem a tad inconsiderate. Thanks Sarah, I'll keep it in mind :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what about the bike?

Teifion said...

The bike will feature in today's blog (along with the spiffy alarm it's got).

I'll never be a true student ;)

Anonymous said...

ignore sarah, she obviously doesnt know what shes on about.

Teifion said...

Tell you what anonymous, tell us who you are (and give proof that you are them) and we'll listen to you. Sarah's comments tie in with 'How to win Friends and influence People'. I'm going with her advice until someone I know gives me a good reason otherwise.