The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

You can hear my voice - Tuesday

I got up at the early early time of 0800. No, I tell a lie, I woke up then. I got up at 0830. As I had run out of milk yesterday and forgotten to get more so I had a fried breakfast in the refectory. I got into Angelsea and Ben wasn't there. This was as expected and I chatted to some other people. When Ben arrived I went through some of the test questions with him and explained stuff. I was also asked (not by Ben) to be a Student Guide for another department. I said yes. We found something very interesting out in C and I couldn't answer it. It wasn't part of the test, but I was interested. I went to see Chi and even he couldn't figure it out. I take this to mean that I've done well at the test (when you can stump the lecturer you're good). The test itself was as easy as expected and I'm rather sure that I passed. When I got back I did some chatting and eating of dinner. After dinner I went down and did my laundry. While the laundry was going I uploaded my Podcast. If you want to know the full details of getting your hands on it, goto this forum post and read it. If you already have iTunes and suchlike, the XML feed is at http://woarl.com/podcasts/feed.xml Adding it is easy, jsut goto the Advanced menu and add it from there (there was no need to put it on the music store and it requries I'm a member first). I think I shound really rubbish, but so far all the listeners have said I'm really good at it and have a very good news presenter voice. On the news of ladies, I offered lots of cookies out today, I even offered to carry something that looked VERY heavy. Alas, no luck so far. Duane thinks I need to change tactics. I tihnk Duane just needs more patience. I must admit though that I've recieved a lot of people saying to me on MSN to just 'wait'. Here's a question for you to ponder, you don't have to answer it, but pondering is good fun. If I just wait and do nothing, how will I meet her?. My philosophy Yes, I have a philosophy. Yes it was influenced largely by HTWFAIP and I like it. If you don't, feel free to complain, but expect me to not care an awful lot. The basis of the phillosophy is that people care more about themselves than about others. Therefore I must appeal to people's sense of self importance. The best way of doing this is to lower myself. I would like to point out that I in no way think I am less, I'm quite aware of what I am capable of. I used to be the opposite of this. I was somewhat big headed and really annoyed a lot of people with my attitude. (note, just as a test I typed the enture scentence here with my eyes closed). I did of course check for spelling errors (well, obvious ones) and found none). So, that is why I always say things that you'd think put me down, I really don't care.

Completely worthless fact of the day Podcasts are really easy to do, if you want, I can do an article on how to make them.

8 comments:

Major Look said...

last paragrah - two spelling mistakes! Maybe you need to open your eyes more, or is your head getting too small?

Anonymous said...

"If I just wait and do nothing, how will I meet her?"

She'll find you.

Anonymous said...

Lower yourself? Lower yourself to what? Their level? If that is the case then I think you have an inflated sense of your own self-worth.

Anonymous said...

Things happen when you least expect them, try offering them hard boiled eggs instead

Anonymous said...

maybe you should just ask a girl to go out with you and not all this subtefuge... so..

see a girl you think seems nice
engage her in conversation
if you get on ok then ask her if she would like to go out with you

Mum said...

i hope the test result is good

glad you are keepng your clothes clean

perhaps Duane has a point (and Anonymous too)

Teifion said...

The idea of the cookies is to get them to talk to me. Asking them out happens once I know them :)

Duane Bryars said...

i really really do think that your cookie techinque is overdone and somewhat useless like you meet a girl and some guy says yeah he gave cookies to every girl shes going think she was just a lucky dip

get to know the girl by talking to them not sweetening them up

i have experiance in this stuff