The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Welsh Valentines day, not for me - Wednessday

Yeah, I think I'll have to give up on the cookies idea specifically. I'm going to have to try other methods of aquiring a lady. Such as waiting. This sadly means that the blog will become more boring. If you believed that then you've clearly not been following it very well and should have a lie down and maybe even a short snooze. Today I was a student guide for the Creative Technology department. It wasn't as good as being in the ECE department, for a start I had no idea how it was meant to go and as such, didn't like it as much. I was asked not to take as many biscuits this time, so I didn't take as many. I did however get quite a few and I'm happy with that. I got to lead a coach tour as well, this was not as nice a blessing as you'd think. For a start, I have NO idea of where anything is, anywhere. Secondly, one of the halls was locked and I had no key. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell jokes to 25ish people for 3 minutes without them responding. After almost getting lost in Rees halls we got onto the coach and repeated the process at another hall. i made as many jokes as I could think of along the way (not many) and got some laughs out of them. I would go on but it's 2348 and I've just found I have to go to a lab at 0900 tomorrow so must go to bed.

Completely worthless fact of the day It's welsh valentines day today and in no way helped me at all

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone who says you should just wait for "the one" to magically appear one day has clearly seen too many movies starring Hugh Grant and/or Julia Roberts.

Anonymous said...

You say you should try a new tactic instead of buscuit offering. Hers one, GO OUT at night and meet ppl, have a few drinks you dont have to get ruined, or do you not drink ?

Anonymous said...

Ti, happy valentines day for today - why didn't sian tell me ?! Anton is wrong, the lady thing will happen unexpectedly (look at me!) so don't go looking for it. Plus being single is a lot of fun, more so in most cases! Luv Lorna x

Teifion said...

or do you not drink ?
I don't drink alcohol. Though I'm getting good at drinking lots of coke.

Ti, happy valentines day for today - why didn't sian tell me ?!
Maybe she doesn't/didn't know

Anton is wrong, the lady thing will happen unexpectedly (look at me!) so don't go looking for it.
Lots of conflicting advice here...

Plus being single is a lot of fun, more so in most cases! Luv Lorna x
I'm unable to make a real answer here

Anonymous said...

Im with Lorna on this one!! woooo! Go Lorna!! Being single is cool - not as much to think about! maybe i wont have exactly the same opinion when im like 40.... but for now dont worry dude!!

Unknown said...

I tend to think that you can't just wait for the girl to appear at your doorstep, but you can't go ask random girls for their phone number. The girl for you will come, and you have to recognize that moment, not force it to happen.

Maybe thats why I don't have a girlfriend. *walks off pondering this seeming quandary* :|

Major Look said...

Sounds like an embarrasing day - soryr to hear that. Maybe you need to rehearse a few party tricks fo roccassions such as these open days?

Such as making a chicken out of a tea towel, or maybe getting the audience to play charades?

You could always try the embarrasing way - getting each parent to stand up, introduce themselves and then get them to say a few words about what they do and why they are there!!

Anonymous said...

A recent survey shows that a majority of those in favour of the waiting game are either female, single or both.

By the way, is it illegal to go out at night and NOT drink in Britain?

Teifion said...

no, it's perfectly legal to not drink in England.

Anonymous said...

you fail.

Anonymous said...

its definitley frowned upon though.
Top Cat