The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

SSCC Meeting and Christmas Dinner - Wednesday

I got up in time to have breakfast in the refectory, mmmm, fry up. My morning lecture with Chi was good and interesting. The Technology Context however could not be further from that. The lecturer started by telling us how he was chartered this, amazing that and generally annoyed everybody. THEN, he started talking about stuff we really have no interest in. Several people left. After a good, solid hour of boredom I found what my mark for the Trig test was. I had predicted myself a mark of between 12 and 16. I got 5. I am appaled at the result and as soon as I get my test paper back will be seeing Alexi (the person who marked it) and asking why he marked as he did. Maybe going so far as to request a re-mark depending on what he says. Note, no marks are final until the board sits on it and and decides, this has yet to be done. Feeling slightly miffed I spent some time browsing random bike sites. While helping Marisa to install her MP3 player yesterday I saw Top Gear on her TV. There was a cyclist racing a Clio through town, it was pretty impressive and I figured that getting a bike with small wheels may not be quite as bad as I thought (his were rather small). I also talked to Rick about the army, he's in the TA and knows about Command Tasks, Jerry Can runs etc. Branislav wanted to have a prelim to the SSCC meeting with us. We turned up early and found a code on the door. We of course didn't know it. Someone with all the biscuits turned up and put them in the room. When Branislav arrived he didn't know the code. I 'guessed' the code and we all walked inside (Okay okay, I have good eyesight). Nothing majorly interesting happened at the meeting. There was nothing about the coruses themselves (different meeting for some reason) and so I had no points to raise (otherwise we'd have griped about our 1000 lecture). It transpired that the meeting had ended minutes after the bus left so Rick very kindly gave me a lift home. It turned out then, that both busses were at Langstone. I've got serious doubts that any would've turned up at all. In the evening I went to hall groups. It should be noted that I did not have lunch, or dinner. Until now. We had a massive roast dinner (Lawrence and Sarah took a lot of time over it). It was excellent and a good time had by all. I'm a student Guide tomorrow and a somewhat more important math test on Friday. I need a good night sleep and some revision. As for the suggestion of eating vegitables, a new one each day, well. Ummm, no?

Moron of the Day - Collin. Collin locked his bike up and found that he forgot his bike lock key, much to our amusement (Sarah gave him a lift home and back).

1 comments:

Mum said...

oops only 5. Challenge of the day is to correctly answer more trig questions.