The blog has now moved!

Friday, December 09, 2005

Math Test and Modding - Friday

0720, music starts playing. 0730, I'm up and eating a sandwhich. 0800, I'm on the bus and on my way into uni to fill out a timesheet for yesterday and to get to my lab on time. I filled out the time sheet and found I don't have a lab untill next week, this was mildly annoying. I spent the next 4 or so hours revising for the test and I'm glad I did, it helped a lot. Tawfik's lecture was cancelled, this was even more helpful as I could squeeze in some more revision. The test itself was a bit harder than I anticipated, this meant I don't think I did as well as I wanted, but I don't feel that I did too badly either. Here's the value of the revision that I did and how many of the 20 possible marks it gave me.

  • First two hours of the day - 4 of the 20 marks
  • Next two ish hours - 3 of the 20 marks
  • The last two ish hours - 3 of the 20 marks
After the test myself and Howard found that there was no 1600 bus so walked back. We took about an hour, which was interesting because we were not walking that slowly, I'm not sure where the time went, we did stop at Lidl, but not for long. After getting into the refectory and getting served first, I sat down and ate. As there was only one counter open, the queue became HUGE very fast. After dinner I found that my legs were cramping up from walking 3+ miles today, 2 ish miles yesterday and running most of another 2 miles yesterday (walking as a rest). They still ache a little. In the evening I spent time modding my phpBB board. For the technologically minded, I have a PHP and MySQL 4.something server running on my computer, I'm using the command line to control the database. For those not technologically minded, I've got some snazzy stuff working on my computer and I'm enjoying it immensely.
Lesson of the Day - When modding something like a phpBB, backup, reguarly. I did this and it saved me a good hour or two when I mucked it up. I'd have had something funny in here, but I'm a boring person and nothing amusing ever happens to me.

0 comments: