The blog has now moved!

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Fickle Nature of Computers - Sunday

I awoke at I've no idea what time. I got up at 1010. Shower and log onto WoA. I set the WoA message to 'Results are Underway' and had breakfast. The reason for this was that WarpGhost wasn't there and I figured I could wait. Plus I was hungry. After comming back to the computer, now filled by some Jam on toast, I found that WarpGhost was not there. Well, it was a half turn this time so I did it alone. My laziness, hunger for free food and general breaks meant that they took a while to arrive. After the results I managed, with help from my Dad, to get the phpBB working. Then, disaster struck. The database was misslinknig some stuff and I had to reinstall the whole forum, twice. Luckily I managed to put my mods back onto it very easily. During this whole incident the wit of Ian 'Nightbringer' (surname kept secret cos he'd cry if I put it here) to taunt me. There is a story behind this. Back in the mists of time when I was a mod on his forum (well, still am) he made me an Admin (probably on drugs or pissed up on booze) and I broke his forum. Therefore he felt it only fair to laugh at me when I mucked up. BUT, the last laugh shall be had by me, I'm the forum admin and I can do funny things to his account :D I also had the somewhat slower wit of SiƤn to contend with. The conversation basically involved her trying to do some basic math and no matter the answer, I said she was wrong and I right (it was of coruse the complete opposite). Languages student's it appears are not very good at arguing or debating, dud subject if you ask me...

The sound of something not working Yeah, it's a noise alright. One problem, it cannot be humanly reproduced without massive effort, I simply can't be bothered to explain it. Annoyance Factor - 1.1 * time spent * urgency (in my case, 6) Weirdness Factor - 0 Volume Factor - 2 Ease of Creation - 10 Average - 4.5

1 comments:

Mum said...

Did you have a nice dinner?