The blog has now moved!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Guess who left their blog until the last moment again - Thursday

I got up well before 1200. I then spent that time wisely mucking around with something I can't remmeber. I can only assume and hope it was useful. I did some webdesign that day and played through the Vell Os campaign in EV Nova. Well, on to today's story, it's going to have to be quick. I've gotta get up before 0900 tomorrow to get into Ammanford and meet a friend. How I won my first computer This story was a while ago. While I was living in England to be more precise. I was about 8 ish and Coel was 7. At that time I can remmeber we loved playing computer games. In fact, for my birthday some time I got to play on the computer for a whole half hour as a present (yeah, we had tough parents). Playing on the computer in the early days is a story for another day, suffice to say I enjoyed it a lot. My Dad was at the time some sort of computer guy thingie, I care not about the details and I doubt you do either. Anyhoo, my Dad and Grandad went to some seminar thing in the Science museum. Because I loved the science museum my Dad took me and my brother along. On the way in they gave out some goodie bags to the children. Being the well mannered little boys that we were we didn't push or shove to get one, we waited our turn. (For those that play WoA, see how much Coel has changed?) In the science museum I must admit I wasn't that interesting in the talk, it was being given by some computer guy about stuff I didn't understand. At the end of the talk they wheeled out a state of the art computer. This thing was a beuty, 75mhz clock, 500meg of hard drive space and too much RAM to count on one hand. They then said "Whoever has the gold star in their goody bag can come down and get their free computer". Five minutes ago I had found the gold star in my bag. I walked down there (not in the least bit embarissed) and held out my gold star. I shook hands with the speaker and also recieved what must have been over £100 of free software. I later learnt that the name of the speaker was some 'Bill Gates' and that he was moderatly famous. I also have a picture of me shaking hands with him (well, accoriding to my Dad anyhoo). I feel that winning that computer caused a large part of my interest in computers and software. As for getting the gold star, I really hope that it wasn't random luck, but the lovely ladies that were handing out the goody bags picking the good manered ones. So, if by some fluke chance Bill Gates is reading this, thank you very much Bill, the computer was most appricaiated.

CS:S Teamspeak I currently have to use the computer in the family office. This office is home to two other Desktop computers, both PCs. These PCs run Coutner Strike Source. For those not in the know, it's a game. The important part is the way that you can talk over the internet to the people you are haplessly gunning down. Brecon get's very involved in it, but seeing as he and Coel take turns to play on the faster computer, he only has 30 minutes to do so at a time. Gethin on the other hand plays non-stop as nobody wants to use that computer. This means he gets very engrosed, and, when annoyed, loud too. I can hear him through head-phones and it is VERY annoying. Yet if I were to play my music (Currenly it's Technobee from the Ares soundtrack) he would be mildly annoyed. Sorry, did I say mildly? Annoyance Factor - 10 Weirdness Factor - 4 Volume Factor - 8 Ease of Creation - 5 Average - 6.75

1 comments:

Mum said...

what about the story of you licking the shop counter .. oh wait that was Brecon
but what about eating all the chocolates .. oh no that was Coel. You were the one who took all the pegs apart and coloured in the brio and took down the new wallpaper. Now I remember.