The blog has now moved!

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bike Theft is Common - Saturday

I got up at the early early time of 0900. Okay, early for some, for me, that's a long long lie in. World of Arl results took a good 5-6 hours today, but Arakasi had connection problems. After the results I worked on the website and played a bit of Quake 3. I also looked on the Uni forums and found that last year there were lots of bike thefts, I'm impressed that everybody I asked said there was no bike theft. Even more worrying is that the University hasn't done anything about last years thefts yet says that biking is still a good idea. I think that's going to be my contribution to the SSCC meeting (Staff Student Committee somethingorother)

Person of the Day - Is really a whole load of 'people' for the day. 419eater.com is a site dedicated to wasting the time of scam artists. These scam artists have ruined lives and the site is therefore both funny and helpful.

2 comments:

Major Look said...

I like the idea of the 419 site - however, it seems like quite a lot of work to keep up a sustained attack on these guys. However, i do like the thought behind it, and it is nice to see that someone is proactively scamming the scammers :-)

Sorry to hear about your bike - I guess it's just as well the weather is so bad at the moment - else you'd be mising it even more.

Keep an eye on the ebay.co.uk site for anybody selling it, also the local evening paper - and the free ads that come out in Portsmouth.

In fact why don't you put an ad in the free ads - "Wanted - Marin Kentfield bike - will pay top price!"

Teifion said...

Just out of curiosity, what do I do if I find my bike? There's no way I can really prove it's mine, the distinguisihing marks that it has are easily removed.

Chances are that the bike was nicked by professionals who've taken it apart and sold it bit by bit out of Portsmouth.