The blog has now moved!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Weekend Away

I fretted about missing the bus, and with just cause. I've yet to find out why, but on Friday the busses were rubbish, Lorna and I got a Taxi (she had a change of plans) and managed to get to the Hovercraft Terminal fine. The Hovercraft is really strange. It's not bumpy at all. When we got to the Isle of Wight we were given a minibus ride to the house. The guys were all downstairs and the girlies in the nicer upstairs rooms (well, warmer I think). We played some games, they were great fun and I got some pictures. Dinner was scrumptious. The evening meeting was rather long, but the speaker was intersting (you wait till you see the picture of him). He's called Dave Fenton and is from a church in Southampton. After the talk I chatted to random people and a load of us went to the beach. I was told a lot of times "You'll be cold in shorts". I had shorts, T-Shirt and Jacket (plus gloves incase it was cold). I threw rocks into the water for a while. I then, with everybody else, walked back to the house without a jacket on, I had almost worked up a sweat. 0725 in the morning was announced by Colin ringing a bell as hard as he could announcing morning prayer, most people didn't go. After breakfast we had another talk from Dave, he's a very good speaker. A mention must also go to the band. The band are from who-knows where but they were excellent and I told them so. The outdoor games were AWSOME. We first played bulldogs. By some fluke of chance, Andrew, the president of the CU was the winner of game two. Andrew was then the starting bulldog for game 3. He was pilled by about 7 people, all of whom were bigger than him. After Bulldogs we played some hide and seek, but that was called off because it was really boring. Then we played Capture the Flag. This would have been a great game, but most people started sliding around in the mud. After watching the various mud fights and not joining in there was another talk, dinner and a talk. The talks have proved to be intellectually stimulating and got me thinking a bit. Dinner that evening was again very nice, the talk equally interseting. I also went down to see a dead whale on the beach (pictures soon), it was HUGE. I wok up on Sunday rather tired, not however, as tired as some others. Some people had gone to bed at 0300 that morning, I didn't pity them at all. There were some group photos and I took many of them (I wasn't fussed about being in the pictures). We were all nackered so I can't remember an awful lot, the last time I felt like this physically was after the Britains Toughest Family weekend, I need to exercise more often. Once I got back I took my shorts off, I had worn them all weekend. Did my laundry, cycled to Tescos and got some basic supplies for myself and some milk for Lorna. The Langstone group minus Jack went to Easterney church. I went in Jeans, I of course regretted it shortly and wished I had cycled (I was somehow not worn out any more for a while). Now I'm tired and off to bed

Interesting thing of the Weekened - Whales are HUGE

2 comments:

Major Look said...

:-)

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pix of the whale.

Mum said...

glad you had a good weekend