The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Grimy Wheels - Tuesday

I got up in time for the 0900 lecture, went there, went to my maths one. Neither were particularly interesting, though in the maths one I had to pay attention as I didn't know everything there. I cycled back, sat down, had lunch, sat down again and cycled back in. I stopped off at Tesco to get some toothpaste and cornflakes. There was a two for one offer so my bag became a funny square shape as I just about fit the two boxes of 500g Cornflakes into it. The two hour lecture with Martin Cripps was interesting. He was talking about fibre optics and some stuff I have vague memories of from Physics AS level. After that lecture I cycled down to Portsmouth Cycle exchange and got them to have a look at my front brakes. Simply put, they used coarse language, were not very attentive to customers entering the shop and overall made me dislike them, I'll be looking at the other cycle shops soon. Upon getting back I took the front wheel off the bike and gave it a very good clean, I also cleaned the brake pads. I'll tell you how well it works tomorrow, suffice to say that today I was not slowing down very much at all. (scary when going 15mph in the first place). It's dawned on me today that every time I cycle into Uni, I cycle 6 miles. This means that this week (well, the 5 days of lectures) I will cycle approximatly (6 + 12 + 6 + 18 + 12) = 54 miles. The 18 is for thursday when I've got a mahoosive split between morning and afternoon lectures and then a CU event which is normally on monday. The Whale is here and it's not a sight for the faint of heart either. I've added about three more pictures to the cast page too.

Item of the Day - Some muppet tried to use a brunch ticket to pay for his evening meal today, suffice to say he was laughed at by my table once I found this out. More importantly, they are apparently making toffee squares tomorrow :D

0 comments: