The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Toffee Squares - Wednessday

First order of the day, my 0900 lecture *groan*. The computing thingie was about files, while listening I got the terminal working on my Mac for C files similar to how they do it in Uni, that's GREAT news. Affter that we had the Technology Context and the 'Elevator Pitch'. An Elevator Pitch is where you have 60 seconds (roughly) to describe your product. Chi knew he'd have a hard time getting people to volunteer to do this (with only 3 minutes of prep time) in front of 200+ people. So he had three 256mb flash drives, I of course volunteered after a little thoguht (I already had one but I'm greedy). I did a presentation on Macs. Knowing that the prize was dependant on VOTES not SELLING POWER I made it ironic, I would 'Dis' Macs. This is roughly what I said. The Mac, it's great, it's got LOADS of features. It's got so many features, you've no idea what any of them do. What's a DASHboard doing on a computer, this isn't a CAR... Spotlight has Google Technology, well, WHO WANTS GOOGLE ON THEIR MAC? Gaming, well, sorry to say gents. It's non-existant on a Mac, no games whatsoever. Media. Macs are good at that, but how many people here do media? *Waits for show of hands* Anybody who just showed their hand is a moron, you shouldn't be doing computer science. Macs suck, but I still use one, thank you, you've been great. I didn't get as many votes as I thought :( I got back, did random stuff on the internet (I've gotten MSN working on the uni network) and then went to dinner. Their toffee squares are MASSIVE chunks of shortbread, a generous ammount of toffee and almost no chocolate. I talked to Dionne and apparently she didn't have time to add more chocolate. Still, that didn't stop me from having two... I got back, did some PHP and then went to CU hall group. Got back from that, did some more PHP until it was mostly working, blogged and went to bed.

Interesting Item of the Day - I thought that 4 0900 lectures a week was bad, Lorna has 4 0530 starts this week!

2 comments:

Mum said...

selling your soul (even if only ironically) to Bill Gates for a 256mb flash drive........

05.30! what course is Lorna doing - postal worker?

Teifion said...

Radiology, she's gotta get the train in for her hospital placement

I of coruse have volunteered to the station if she's afraid of being mugged.