The blog has now moved!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Real Lab number 1 - Thursday - 10th of November

I got up earlyish, depsite the headwind and low tempreature I managed to get to the 0900 lab on time, which was important because we get marked for attendance. My lab partner Howard wanted to be a partner to someone else, which, seeing as he knew them, is fair enough. However, this left me on my own with no clue. A guy called David sitting next to me also had no partner so I sat next to him. Like Howard he's pretty good at electronics and so we got on well, we spent two hours working out how the Seven Segment Display works. After the lab I cycled back, grabbed some tuna fish sandwhiches and cycled back in. I sat down, took some pictures of my class mates and then attended the lecture. Sadly, most of the pictures I took last night are blurred so there's only two, on of Brliey and Sarah, and another with Sam and Helen, though Jack's just about in it too. Hassan was very amusing today. When a girl walked in 15minutes late (she was also in the wrong room and Hassan knew it) she said 'Am I meant to be here?', to which Hassan replied 'Yes, I'm the good looking teacher you are after'. The whole class laughed and she left. I answered several questions inteligently, and with the rest of my row told Tom to shut up whenever he asked a stupid one, it worked quite well. Hassan had two weeks ago told us a story about why he always cleaned boards, seeing him leave the board uncleaned, I shouted after him that he forgot to clean it, his exact words were. 'You clean it, I remmeber your face'. Gareth laughed at me, unfortunatly for him he was facing forwards, I was comming from the back of the class so gave him a slap across the back of his head, it made a great noise (without causing pain). That evening I sat down to dinner with Jack and Briley (after getting my coat off Lorna). On display were packs of sandwhiches almost past their sell-by date. I now have three of them, thank you very much Briley and Jack. After that I went back, got my laptop and sat down in the refectory. Gareth sat down next to me, we chatted and watched some parody movies ("Star Wars 3 a Lost Hope" and "A Glitch in the Matrix"), we're now thinking of making something like that ourselves (with the rest of our class). I have a math test tomorrow and need to do some revision, so, no web-design today ^^

Lesson of the Day - Sometimes drivers have no respect for cyclists, they deserve to go slower, remember that next time they cut you up (I overtook him seconds later).

0 comments: