The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A little nippy - Wednesday - 9th of October

I got up nice an early and cycled in. It was freezing cold, so naturally my body was fine, minus my fingers. They hurt for a good quarter of an hour after getting to the Uni. My first lecture was on computing, it was okay, I asked soem inteligent questions while Tom asked some stupid ones. After that lecture I had one on the Technology Context by Chi. Chi is a very funny professor who appears to know almost everything. He primaraly teaches the programming side and is the one who helped me get C working on my computer. I wish I'd taped the lecture as it was really very interesting, if I've ever got a laptop in a lecture and I know somebody on Skype then I'll be happy to let them listen in. After the lecture I cycled back, cooked some sausages (this time they took only 40 minutes, strange...) and started revamping the World of Arl website, it needed a slight difference, but the load times on my modem were getting annoying. I sat down and had dinner with Jack. Marisa very very kindly gave me her pudding (a cream horn), Jack was aghast, I wasn't. After eating Jack and myself walked back, we met Briley and Lorna, Jack carried on to his room while I sat down with the ladies and enjoyed the free hot drinks. The CU hall group was good, I got lots of pictures and will be posting them up soon but managed to leave my coat (and more importantly, gloves) in Lorna's room (it's a big room), looks like I'll be chilly for my 0900 start tomorrow. After the hall group Sam and myself fixed Jack's printer (I'd already had a go at it but couldn't manage)

Lesson of the Day - Don't leave your shower on a little, if you do water will drip and bounce off the control-dial, all over the floor of your bathroom, it'll take all day for the water to evaporate, it may also damage a book on talking to people.

2 comments:

Mum said...

"After eating Jack...." - gosh you were hungry!

Teifion said...

BBEdit has a manually operated spellchecker, I'm lazy and dyslexic, what did you expect?