The blog has now moved!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Home Time - Friday - 4th of November

I got up late, 1000 ish to be more precise. I had some cornflakes and started some web design, I've now started using BBEdit as it's got a really nice colour coding system and generally useful interface, though it took a bit of configuring to get it to how I like it. My only lecture of the day was with Dr Tawfik so I had lunch and got in for 1300. The lecture itself was something I could have missed, and in retrospect, wish I had (I don't normally think that, even if I knew everything in it) as during the lecture, while Tawfik was talking I elaborated on something he had explined badly to a friend. Dr Tawfik walked up and asked my friend a question, he didn't know the answer and so Tawfik told us to stop talking, if he'd asked me the question I'd have answered, it'd have been funny to see what he'd have done. After getting back from the lecture (and Tescos, I needed a packed dinner) I began packing everything ready for my train journey home. It was at 1700 but I was nervous about missing it at 1600. I got onto the train just fine, the laptop battery lasted for a good hour before I had to stop typing stuff and start reading 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'. The switching of trains went fine, except that I got on a train before the one I was meant to, this meant it was a bit smaller, but I did get back sooner. My Mum and Dad drove me back to my Welsh home, I missed my cat a little, he's so soft and furry...

Lesson of the Day - A person with an extendable pointer yelling at you and waving it inches from your face is scary

3 comments:

Mum said...

perhaps you could apply some of the principles from your reading matter on Tawfik?

Mum said...

Teifion come downstairs and have your breakfast

Teifion said...

Rabid Pointer Assailants fun to read about, everybody knows that.

Tawfik wasn't interested in talking, think I need something heavy next time....