The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Nackerd - Wednesday - 2nd of November

I woke up at 0700, it was raining very very hard. I had two choices, get up early and catch the bus at 0800 (the 0830 one is always full) or get up later and cycle. Queue some snoozing. I decided that I'd give jeans a try, they are not as bad as I thought they would be, and it was raining (I got a little damp). My first lecture was on computing and it was quite okay, the second was on the Technology Context, I'll be thinking about it a bit and then doing it all in one go. After that was some maths, then home time. On the way out I saw something amazing. A guy advertising Macs. On his desk just by the stairs was a really really nice G5 screen (the white one with a computer inside it) and a G4 laptop (again, a white one). We chatted for a bit, I tried to get his wireless connection sorted but it didn't work. After that I cycled back to halls and began cooking my remaining pack of sausages, I figured that despite being frozen, they were past their use-by date and should be eaten soon. The Sausages were eaten after a 2ish hour cook time, after eating some of them I cycled in to the city to find that I was not a severe enough case of a Dyslexic to warrant a funded test (£300), however there is a 'saftey net' thingy that will help me learn stuff and also monitor my progress. After getting back from that I did some computer stuff before meeting up with a guy from the CU called Jack. He ate a full meal and I had (for free) two mini-rolls and a cup of hot chocolate. After the meal I grabbed my reflective sash and helmet (the Sash is soooo fashionable). Jack's bike has thin thin wheels, it was worrying to see him accelerate with the speed of a flying brick and slow down in the manner of something without friction. After getting there we got on the train, arrived at the fair to mud, lots of mud. And rain. It rained a lot but the Fireworks were awesome, by the time I got back I was exhausted, sat down, found there was a new player in WoA, chatted to some WoA people, showered and slept...

Lesson of the Day - Jeans, despite being tight, do not get as wet as you'd have thought

4 comments:

Major Look said...

So a white G5 = iMac and White Apple Laptop = iBook.

Let me know if I can help sort out any computer problems he may have.

Glad the fireworks display was good, and it sounds like you still had fun despite the mud!

Mum said...

you do not have to worry about use by dates if the food has been frozen - the suasages would probably have been ok for weeks to come. However you should defrost before cooking frozen food, especially meat.

Teifion said...

I did defrost them, it's much faster to use a microwave for that, hence the shorter cooking time.

Teifion said...

Umm, it wasn't that funny....

If there's no blog today it's because blogger is messing around and not letting me post a blog