The blog has now moved!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I found Cake - Thursday - 3rd of November

I got in for my 0900 lab. My previous lab partner was nowhere to be seen, so I sat next to Howard, he's very very good at electronics, but says he's not so good at writing programs, looks like it'll be a good team (I'm the opposite). The lab was all about electronics, Howard kept on saying that he felt bad for doing everything, but I was learning by example quite well so reassured him I was fine. I think we were one of very few lab groups to complete the exercises before the lab ended (we had 3 minutes to spare). I cycled back and had a lovely fry up lunch, mmmmmmm. After lunch I found out that re-installing the PHP server made it so that PHP once again works on my computer. For those that don't know, PHP is a way of sticking really cool stuff on the web, such as databases, forums and more. My afternoon lecture with Hassan was great, minus that Tom sat next to me and asked stupid questions, he used to also attend year 2 lectures, but after asking stupid questions there was told by some students that if he came back, they'd kick his head in, I'm told that he took the hint. Dinner was nice, I had something with some very strong Curry in it, so I would have been a little empty in the stomach region, but lo and behold, Marisa saves the day. There was some very very nice cake, and Marisa took the largest (she got there first, despite my elbowing ability). One bite, "I don't like this anymore". I had it, that's the second pudding she's decided she didn't like, I'm just hoping that next time I have dinner near here they're doing masses of Toffee Squares, I'll have to ask Tom about that... After the dinner I sat down in the refectory and used the wireless, then went back and did some web design before going to bed. I've got a long day ahead of me tomorrow....

Lesson of the Day - When making friends in Uni, find someone like Marisa, I get the feeling she often leaves puddings on her plate (therefore more for me).

0 comments: