The blog has now moved!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Not a complete waste - Monday - 31st of October

I got up at 0730 and cycled in for 0830, however, there was more tailwind than I expected so got there 10 minutes early (I have to stop thinking it still takes me 20 minutes to get somewhere). The first lecture was again not on, the lecturer in question has a bad back. The next thingy was a computing practical, I was told that I may not have to turn up to the one next week as everybody was being so slow (finished 45 minutes early). After that I cycled back (I'd already been told to miss my next practical, me knowing HTML already) and grabbed lunch. I then found that Adobe Acrobat can't download sites to save it's life. A free 215k download however could, and it did it nicely. I now have a PHP manual on my hard drive. I cycled back into the uni for a single, one hour lecture. It was also cancelled, however, all was not lost, I helped Ben sort some stuff out with his new course and also chatted to him for a while. After that I raced the bus back until it hit a traffic jam, it got rather pointless after that... After a nice dinner in the refectory I cycled to St Lukes, the service was a little boring, the preacher really did preach. Afterwards however we all went down the pub and I had a great time chatting to everybody. I had an even greater time cycling back through the wind and rain, however I am now nice and dry after my shower. As I write this I realise that I have a lecture in 9 hours and may need to be there...

Lesson of the Day - If something doesn't work, look elsewhere.

3 comments:

Mum said...

well, even if you are not learning anything (with lectures being cancelled) at least you are getting plenty of exercise

Teifion said...

Yeah, I measured the journey as the bird flies and it's 22cm on my map. Then I realised that the map has something called a scale and that 4.7cm = 1/2 mile, therefore it is 2.3 miles.

I made it in 10 minutes the other day (roughly, I may have been faster) and therfore had an average speed of I think 13mph...

Must get faster.

Major Look said...

Try someone elses map - it may be even further, and in that way you can increase your average speed without any effort!