The blog has now moved!

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Cleaning Effort

I got up somewhat later than would be optimum, but, I was well reseted. I did some work on the database (going to be called Daan) and then decided that since I could no longer see the floor, tidying up might be a good idea. I made sure to take regular breaks (otherwise I might strain myself) and then decided that if I was going to clean the floor, I might as well rearrange the furniture to suit my new requirements. The chest of draws was moved next to my desk and my speaker tower placed on it. The main computer desk was also rearranged, now the area directly behind the computer is free from clutter and the speakers themselves went there, this somehow provides a nicer sound. I even took pictures!

As can be clearly seen, I now have enough room to do some pushups and sit-ups, I've noticed my stomach is no longer quite as trim as it was a year ago. I'm probably eating less but snacking more. Though I'd have thought I was doing more exercise, either way, some sit-ups and pushups might be good for me, then again, maybe they'll kill me? There is a mug on my desk, a glass, a bottle and next to the desk another bottle. The mug was holding some tea until I drank all the tea, it was very nice. The glass is holding water, one of the several pints I have had today. The small blue bottle holds water which I use to wash my hands. If I use the computer a lot, especially while gaming, I find my hands get greasy and thus a quick squirt of water will solve the immediate problem. The bottle on the floor is one which holds water, I normally place it by my bed while I'm sleeping incase I get thirsty at night. Over half the books in the corner are programming related. The other half is a mix of Dale Carnegie books and books related to Christianity. The laptop is propped up on two printer cartridge cases, I find it helps to keep it cool. The mint imperials from Asda are very nice and only 30p a pack! I would have included a picture of me performing a pushup, however, as soon as I let go of the camera it fell to the floor and smashed into lots of little pieces. Luckily with my amazing skills I was able to put it back together again and repeat the mistake (hey, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke!)

0 comments: