The blog has now moved!

Monday, April 30, 2007

PHP is fun

Today's lectures were not amazing, pure and simple. After the lectures I went home and checked up on WoA stuff and then returned to Uni for the Student group that make websites (there's a name for it but I cannot remember it). David Ndzi knows that I can write PHP and MySQL and so while the rest of the group are working on something for a company called "RM Marketing" I was asked to create a user registration system for a conference. Users could register and then login to upload documents. David: When do you think you could have it ready? Me: I've got a group project thing to do for Thursday, so I'd say that Friday or early next week would be quite possible David: Could you have it for tomorrow? Me: Ummmm, I can try... Now, I know how fast I can write stuff if I put my mind to it and I reckon I can have it ready tomorrow. I plan to ask for some money for it (in the words of Martin Cripps "the word 'pittance' springs to mind") or the possibility of a Student Placement for someone making websites. I then journeyed to CU. As you're likely aware, I am currently in the middle of a phase of attaching pegs to people. On Sunday one of the ladies I pegged was (and I assume still is) called Sarah H (so not the Sarah R that is normally mentioned). Last night on MSN (after I had pegged her), the following was said... Me: see you tomorrow Sarah: yeah. night night xx Me: and I'll peg you without you noticing too :P Sarah: wanna bet?! Me: no, betting is wrong, but I'm sure I'll manage it ;) Sarah: lol Me: and then I'll blog it too :P Well, the gauntlet was thrown down! I pegged her once and left her alone, this was all part of my cunning plan, she'd been watching me carefully any time I came near and it took several tries to get this one peg near her without her noticing. Of course, after that peg was pointed out by someone else I waited a little then attached 6 or 7 pegs to her in the space of a few minutes. In the end Lawrence felt pity for her and went over to explain that she had been well and truely pegged. So, as we can see, I won. Becca was intent on not getting pegged yet tried to peg me at least once. However, years of being a computer nerd have sharpened my hand-eye coordination to the point where Lawrence said I was like a ninja (I'd just successfully put two pegs on Becca). I repeatedly got Becca for the rest of the night. Sarah R seems to like watching, yesterday she dared me to peg someone over 40. Some funny stuff happened but it was more of a "you had to be there" sort of thing so loses a lot in retelling. I'll post tomorrow regarding what happens about this database project, most of it is already done.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

(Referring to your comment you left on my blog) Huh??? What compliment? I can give you a compliment if you would like :) But im sure I havent done so in my blog...! lol!