The blog has now moved!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Energizing!

I got up nice and early and got to Siän's house for 0830! There I got a lift to Church for 0900 where all the students had a big fried breakfast. Andy and Cora not only organised it all but did the cooking. It was really really nice, very much appreciated and all around awesome. The service itself was about following Jesus and the cost of it, how Jesus rearranged priorities and that he knew what he was going towards yet still went. After the service I went home and did WoA stuff for a bit before leaving for the International Christian Students Fellowship meeting. There were lots of people from all over the world there and most wearing very bright clothing native to their country, it was really nice. The service started with something similar to the singing from the Blues Brothers. I came close to expecting some people to start somersaulting to the front to dance! There was a sketch about how God works and then a guest Pastor spoke. He explained how Jesus made an offer. And to illustrate his point he held up a £10 note and said that it was there for the taking. After 3 seconds I started to vault the chair infront of me (I was in the second row and the front row was empty) but as I did so Chris Brough thought to himself "I can't let Teifion get that" and ran ahead of me. However, when the pastor held up a book I got that so it worked quite well. The book is currently in the possession of Justin as I asked him to hold onto it for me and forgot to get it back later. After the talk and some more (slightly more coherent) singing there was some free food served. I went to the loo and when I came out I asked where I should go (assuming I'd be told where to join the queue). I was sent straight to the food so that worked out really well. What didn't was that almost all the food was laced with spices and/or vegetables. I left holding a few cans of coke and went to see Greg get Baptised at Kings Church. Kings Church has a much louder and more "modern" band, as it were, than Eastney. I don't know that it's better as such, but it is nice to have a change in style of singing. Overall I see Eastney as being a very family based Church while Kings seems to have a much larger youth population and so works differently. It was really good to see Greg be baptised and be there to show my support. The speaker there was a guest speaker from Australia. He had some odd things to say, however, the crux of the message he brought was that if we give and pray on behalf of others, God will act. He had some stories to tell explaining it all and drew from the Bible too. Afterwards there was a load of prayer stuff and I asked to be prayed for which was really good, I then went home and went to bed feeling closer to God than I have in the past few weeks.

1 comments:

Major Look said...

Oh the shame of it all... how could you let someone beat you to a free gift - especially money...

(Hides head in hands in shame)