The blog has now moved!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Group Project

Well, it went a lot better than I thought it would. I was one of the most smartly dressed (Hassan told us it might get us more marks) and so that was good. Hassan took into account that Tom was in our group and also ruined our group. I don't think we failed. Afterwards I went to my last lecture of the day, then home! I got back and decided I'd like some lunch, I decided that with my newfound wealth (I got a pittance for some of the websites I'd done, technically this means I am a professional web programmer) I decided I'd like to have some nicer bread. You know, the long sticks of bread, it's really nice. So, I strolled down to the Co-op to get some and also some sausage rolls for later. Alas, they had no sausage rolls and were charging £1 for a couple of tiddly sticks. Well, I just carried on up the road to Asda. Granted, it turned a 3 minute shopping run into something more like 20 or 30 minutes, but it was a nice warm day, I was wearing shorts and had my trendy sunglasses on, as shown around this paragraph. Said glasses were £2 and are really good, they pass the "Teifion test" for sturdiness. They also block out only the glare of the sun, so I can see clearly with them even in a low light setting! If I'd bought the Sausage rolls and a full sized stick of bread from the Co-op, it'd have cost about £2.50. For £4.50 from Asda I got a huge stick of bread, a lettuce, 3 packs of dipping crisps, some mild salsa dip, 2 litres of lemonade and 4 good packs of Custard Creams. In warcraft 3, the most annyoing thing is not losing, no, it's leavers. People that leave a game just as it's getting good, usually because they are not winning as well as they'd hoped. PC users have a program available for free that allows them to list these people and add them to a banlist. This banlist works by remembering the name of the user, not very useful in the long run as people can make new accounts. There may or may not be something that records the internet location, but that's not hard to fake. Note that that only works for the PC. I have what is called a "Packet Sniffer". It's not user friendly for what I want to use it for, but it records the serial number (Mac address) of the users connection. It's not very easy to fake and the only other way around it is to get a new computer. I've gotten a command that performs packet sniffing and am slowly working on something that'll record who connects to my computer and when. It will also record when their last connection was, at the end of a game I can run through the list, compare times and add them to a list. So, that was my day, see how productive it was? (I also had a 3-4 hour nap).

1 comments:

Mum said...

Glad the group project went better than you'd expected :-)