The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday involved not a vast amount happening, that's the second reason nothing was blogged. I saw David Ndzi but I'll cover that in today. In the evening I went over to Steve H's to see Phil off, he's moving somewhere-or-other. I played with the Wii and won some games yet lost others. I also managed to peg Phil quite a few times before he started to watch me carefully. Today I got up and went to the Faculty Board meeting. There was just about nothing there to discuss but I brought donuts and lo and behold, the cookies they supplied were rubbish. As such the Donuts went down well. Pity I don't actually have any real favours to ask of them yet. Stuart from the IS (Information Services) department of the Uni was there and mentioned how they were understaffed and that was causing most of the problems. They were understaffed, they did not have enough programmers They did not have enough programmers I am a programmer So I asked if I could perform my student placement with IS! I've emailed Stuart a copy of my CV and we'll see what happens as he's sending it on to his boss. It'd be quite nice to work for IS, I'd get to stay at Uni yet have all the perks of a Student Placement! I then went to the lab and tried to work on the Group Project thing. I'll be honest, I'm rubbish at this hardware stuff and I'm sick of it. We're being assessed tomorrow and if I fail I'm kicking up the biggest fuss about it possible, I'll list the problems with it if I get failed. I attended Prayer Lunch which was very good and encouraging before returning to Uni. Today I got an email from David.       "Teifion, I need to see you asap" So, I went to see David and lo and behold he wanted me to make another website. However, I've decided that I don't want to have the hassle of making websites while still looking for a placement. David is now aware of this and has made a few enquiries, he likely realises that if he finds me a placement he can use me as cheap programming labour. I've not got a problem with it, I enjoy programming and as long as I've not got a deadline the next day, should be able to do what's needed.

0 comments: