The blog has now moved!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Eugh, I'm dying (well, not quite but you get the idea)

At the time of writing it's 2151 and I'm about to go to bed. I've been coughing like a drunken monkey, actually, I've no idea how much monkeys cough when drunk but the analogy sounds funny to me so I'm using it. I didn't do a vast amount of bloggable stuff today, mostly WoA results and some games of DotA with Coel. I'll elaborate a little on both. Firstly, DotA. It's a game where each player has a hero and is part of a bigger team. The two bigger teams send mini-monsters at each other and the objective is to kill the mini-monsters and enemy heros before they do the same to you. Each of the heros are really different from each other and it's such a diverse game to play and is great fun. Better yet is when you find two heros that compliment each other well and play as a team rather (most games involve very little teamwork). Myself and Coel are getting very good at working together. I tend to prefer heros that can support Coel, leaving Coel to do most of the actually work while I sit nearby and throw in magical spells that disrupt the opposition and make it possible for Coel to do what needs to be done. Next up, WoA. If you don't know what it is, well, goto woarl.com and it should tell you there, there's a lot to explain, if you really don't want to read all that, it's a turn based strategy game played via the medium of text. It's better than it sounds. Anyhoo, several players have said that since they started playing their school grades have gone up, most notably Maths and English for those of the GCSE level. Why? Well, the best way to beat your opponent in WoA is often thought to be attacking at the same time as your allies and it is rather effective. The problem is the maths involved, you have to work out how much you have, how much you can lose, logically plan out how you need the battle(s) to go and so on and so forth. But that doesn't explain the writing does it? Well, all players are encouraged to write descriptive stories about their own fictional character within the game or their team or indeed, almost any aspect of the game. So, WoA, it's not just for fun, it's for education too! Right, bed time, it's just gone 2200 (yeah, it took me 10 minutes to write all that!)

4 comments:

Emz said...

I hope you get better soon Teif, you'll be in my prayers :)

Anonymous said...

If you die, do I get WoA?

Teifion said...

Thank you for the support Emma, Coel, we'll see what I write in my will :P

Incidentally thanks for the prayers, my cough isn't as bad this morning.

Major Look said...

Coel, I think that any rights of the children go to the parents first ;-)

And then Uncles.

And then Grandparents

And then Taz.

Get well soon Teifion.