The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Squaggle - Tuesday

I got up very late and didn't attend either of my lectures or my tutorial (I'm going to catch up, don't worry) because I was ill. I wasn't up for getting out of bed before 1000 and didn't feel ready to leave the house much until this afternoon. Sadly my post on the ECE forums about Haskell on the Mac has gone unanswered so I could not begin learning that (we're told to use specific libraries and they're all Windowz based). I did the next best thing, I re-wrote a WoA page, not one of the HTML ones, but a PHP one that actually does things. It's used to work out Economical logistics and it was good to work my mind and try to improve my programming style. In the evening Huw came over and we played a load of Warcraft 3. Tomorrow I have 1 lecture, and two meetings, yay for being a Rep.

4 comments:

mum said...

I hope you are feeling better now

Teifion said...

I am feeling a lot better, I wasn't quite so amazing last night hence I didn't say anything.

Anonymous said...

seriously, just install windows somewhere and use it. since most businesses use windows, you'll have to start using it when you get into work.

Teifion said...

I've no interest in paying for Windows and with Vista, Microsoft are charging an extra fee if you want to run it on something like a Mac.

If shove came to push I'll have to find a way to use Windows, in the meantime I've found that anything people can do on Windows I can do on Linux/Mac better, the only exception being games which I play very few of anyway.