The blog has now moved!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Yeah, a lot better - Sunday

I got up in time to meet Becca outside her halls and then walked her to Church. On the way we stopped at Siän's house to drag her along, she knew we were coming but assumed we'd be 15 minutes later than we were so we had to wait for five minutes for her to get ready. We were the first students there so it wasn't a problem. The service was about the Nativity story, in particular about Joseph and how he dealt with Mary becoming pregnant. Jonathan covered four points about Joseph, they were that he is a good example of self-restraint and faithfulness, he had a high view of marriage, compassion was more important to him than justice also that he valued commitment to God over personal honour (in a day when honour was everything this was quite a big thing). After the service I talked to a new guy called Leo and for lunch I was happy to be invited to the Mitchells. Lunch was awesome, it was a full on Roast dinner. Earlier that morning I had been wondering if missing out on breakfast was a good idea, well, when I dug into this meal I was sure it'd been a great plan. Incidentally the meal filled me so well that the only other thing I've had today was a lump of bread and I'm not hungry! We also played some video games there before I went back to my house. At home I filled in a CRB form for Church (Sarah suggested volunteering for the Discoverers group thingie and Sarah's the sort of person who'd know who was good at that), I also WoAed a little. I got to church before all other students (to be fair, I was quite early) and so managed to help set some stuff up. The service was about friendships and the question was "Have we got Jesus at the center of our friendships?". Challenging. After the service the students were in-charge of tea and coffee. Sadly I'd forgotten to start the water heater so it was just coffee for a while (it doesn't require the water to be as hot). After Tea and Coffee we washed up, had a very small soap-suds fight. Sarah gave myself a lift home along with Becca and Siän (saves me walking them home). I went online and did various things before blogging. Incidentally I've now linked to Sarah's blog on the right-hand-side. While doing the tea and coffee (or more accurately, coffee and coffee) Andy asked me to explain what I mean by "blogged", "blogging" and various other terms used. So, I will. Blog - Noun (I think) A blog is an online diary/story/news page/something-like-that. Simply put, you're reading one right now. It can be used as "to blog" which means to write a blog or blog entry about something. Blogged is simply a past tense of the phrase "to blog". Example: "I blogged about the Spanish Inquisition" Blogging - Verb Blogging is the process where you record events on a blog. I blog my life, some people blog software updates, some people blog other things. Creating a blog Goto blogger.com and click "create account", from there the process should be explained by blogger.com.

0 comments: