The blog has now moved!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Better? - Sunday

Woke up at 0630, turned alarm off at 0700 and fell asleep sometime not long after that. Woke up again at 0930 as Huw rang my doorbell. I got washed and dressed in the space of 5 minutes, grabbed a cup of tea and the two of us went to Church. Rather than Jonathan leading the service we had a friend of Jonathan who normally speaks at a different Church. He did an interesting service on substitutes and how Jesus was a substitute for our sins. However, I didn't feel he explained it very well and don't feel I know anything more after the service than I did before. For lunch, myself, Huw, Phil and SiƤn were invited to the Hackers for lunch. It was, as it always is, most delicious and I am glad I got to Church early. There are so many students at Eastney that none of the families can manage all of the students at once. After lunch myself, Phil and Huw went back to my house where we played Halo 2. Huw also showed me some bugs he'd found in Phil the Database. Phil the person somehow got into his head that we'd named the database after him and was quite happy until I told him that the Database was quite stupid and not very competant and that in fact we should have named it after him. Huw later went to Victory Church for the evening and myself and Phil went back to Eastney. At the evening Service I forgot to take notes (silly me) but I believe the service featured about how Paul was in prison yet still joyful, how he would have been happy to die, such was his conviction and faith. After the service I tidied away the chairs with some of the Ladies from the church, while I did it I made loud and audable comments about lazy students (Steve was the only other one that helped). Sarah gave me a lift home, I found that my net connection was acting up (it's much better now). I had some food, blogged and looked at WoA a little before going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you didn't think i was still reading did you? i just finished an essay on Neandertal's and symbolic thought, so it was good to read about someone who had a more interesting day than me :)

Teifion said...

That's good to hear :) I hope the essay gets good marks.