The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Better day! - Tuesday

Well, as planned I had to miss the Java lecture because I was simply too tired. I will however ensure I get to the one tomorrow. I got to my tutorial group fine and on time, talked about Java and then checked Email etc etc. I attended Software Systems and had my thinking challenged. I'm wondering if my current plan for the Java Project is really as object orientated as it should be, I was going with the common programming approach of saving memory with a "cunning plan" that'd work fine, now I'm wondering about a more obtuse one that'd fullfill the requirements of the coursework better. I walked home, WoAed, lunched, drank tea and went back to uni (not all at the same time). Digital Electronics was good, at the end of the last lecture I wasn't 100% sure about what he meant but it was all cleared up this lecture and I understood it very well. I should sleep in more often. Software Systems in the evening wasn't quite as easy to understand as in the morning but it'll be going hand in hand with the java project so I'm sure I'll manage something. The coursework (worth 50% of the marks) is due in in 5 weeks (we got it today). The Data Coms tutorial wasn't amazingly useful, I've got an exam tomorrow (worth 10% of the unit marks I think) so I studied for it. After the tutorial, myself and Ryan went to Tesco where I learnt how to use the self service till. I also bought some food. Ryan lives a few doors down for me which was handy, we took my route home but Ryan thinks his is faster, I think he might well be right so plan to try and measure them some time. At home I watched "Gone in 60 Seconds", did some work on Phil the Database and also studied for my exam tomorrow. I did some washing and got some crazy advice from Lauren about clearing the plastic bags out of my room; "smash them [plastic bags]" I think she's going crazy. In other news, I dropped the computer today. Specifically it fell out of my bag right outside Uni. I'd walked all the way in and somehow not only forgot to put it in the strap that's in the pocket it's in, but also not completely done up the zipper. I'd done it almost all the way up because it didn't fall out until then. The computer itself is almost undamaged, despite falling onto solid stone from a height of about a meter. Physically there are some small scratches on the front two underside corners and the front casing on the right side is slightly loose. Work wise it's just as it was before. I'm now being very careful to put it in the strap and zip it all the way up. In other other news, with help from Lauren (though Emma also gave me some advice, I've not had time to put it into practice). Most of my spots have cleared up.

2 comments:

mum said...

just as well you have not got your new computer - poor 12".


"...now I'm wondering about a more obtuse one that'd fullfill the requirements of the coursework better."

Not obtuse - perhaps obscure or even obfuscated code?

Teifion said...

The code would be clear and well commented, however the method would be obtuse. I chose my words carefully :P