The blog has now moved!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Easy Digital - Thursday

I had a nice lie in and then attended my Digital Lab. I think I might start timing myself walking into Uni, I am wondering how fast I can manaage it. Of course, the downside to walking so fast is that it causes my legs to ache, on the plus side once I get to Uni I'm sitting down so that sort of nullifies the problem. The Digital Lab went well, it started with myself and Chris talking about what we'd do, then Chris told me what part of it he wanted me to do, so I did it (specifically it involved writing C Code). I finished it, turned to him to ask if he thought it was okay and found he'd written more than me! I was impressed, firstly that Chris had been typing faster than me and also that he'd figured out what to write faster than myself. Chris doesn't program as a hobby. It got better, for the rest of the lab Chris worked very fast, he made few mistakes and we have almost completed the project, that said, some other people have also come a long way, I'm almost worried that the project is going to be so easy to complete. We'll likely have it working next week. For lunch myself and Chris went to Tesco. I got my usual cheap food there while Chris went to a Pastie Shop and bought a single pastie for almost the same ammount I managed 8 sausage rolls and 6 scotched eggs. I've still got 6 Sausage rolls left, those Scotched eggs were tasty. In the afternoon we had a three hour lab. Chris and myself worked together for it, it's the Software Systems lab (unmarked) and will help us design our Java program. I am not overly keen on the Togethersoft package (which is what we used). It seems unweildy and hard to use. Still, we've got to create some stuff with it so that's what we're going to do. I walked home with Chris, Ryan and for some of the way, Luke. I got home, napped, WoAed and then worked some more on Phil the Database. We're just about ready to start using it! I had a nice long talk with my Dad via Skype about making a website which we decided would take too long. I also made my Christmas List. So all those people that really really like me yet have never had the courage to leave a comment on the blog, you're welcome to just get me a present instead :D Of immense amusement to myself was this.

2 comments:

mum said...

"...8 sausage rolls and 6 scotched eggs."

not sure this counts as a balanced meal. :)

Teifion said...

Don't worry, I carried the sausage rolls in one hand and the scotched eggs in the other, it all balanced out :D