The blog has now moved!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Tired? - Sunday

I got up, went to the morning service. It was about Bible Translations, Jonathan emphasised that while a Bible such as the NIV is good in that it's easy to read, missing out some small words actaully has a big effect. I forgot to write down the verses he compared from the ESV and NIV but words such as "slept" and "died" were swapped (thus removing hints of the resurrection) and also "walk" and "live". It's impressive how there are such small changes that can very easily have very big effects. After the service there was a massive student lunch. I'm sure I used to eat more while in Wales, I'm guessing that the sweets I got for my birthday are to blame and that munching on them isn't the best plan going. After the lunch we went to #10 where I spent 20ish minutes in a staring contest. The lady in question is a friend of Steve H and was just down for the day, she's called Em (well, she's got a full name but I can't remember it because she prefers to be called Em). It was strange, after staring (and making stupid faces, which didn't work) for about 20 minutes anything I wasn't looking at turned grey, if I blinked slowly then colour would return. Em apparently experianced the same thing but with a tint of neon green :s In the end I lost the staring contest, went home, did some WoA stuff and then went to the evening service. Sadly I was very tired and found it hard to keep my eyes open! I did however make enough notes to remind myself what the service was about. Jonathan concentrated on Philipians 1:3-8 and how Paul welcomes all of them, not just some. Also today I got more birthday presents! Lorna gave me a book called "Touch Points for Students", it's basically about what the Bible says on issues that affect students, I've flicked through it and it looks good. Lorna also gave me a photo frame thingie, I assumed it'd have a picture of her in it at first (it'd be very like Lorna to do that) instead it had Psalm 23 written "For Computer Geeks" and is very snazzy, I've blue-tacked it to my wall (after my duct tape ripped off some paint I figured blue tac is best). Siän gave me a "Grow your own Christmas tree", I was a bit dubious, it looked like Siän might have put a spring in there but she hadn't. It looks like it'll be really cool and I will have my own tree! I've uploaded my timetable to this location, I've got one lecture tomorrow, but, it's two hours long :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha you've got to paint the ceiling because of that ductape honey! x

Mum said...

some days look better than others for your timetable. tuesday next week is going to be a shock to your system.