The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

B122 Exam - Tuesday

I had set my alarm to play quiet music at 0600 as usual, then to play louder music at 0630 and then if that failed, BuzzerX (I garuntee that at max volume I will wake up) at 0730. I planned to catch the 0800 bus for my 0900 exam (just incase the 0830 was late). I awoke and there was no music on, it was also rather bright outside. I looked at my watch and it said 0555. I was horrified, not only had the computer not put the music on, my watch had stopped working! It turns out that my watch hadn't stopped working, how it was so bright so early I've no idea, I could have read books by that light (even with the curtains closed). The exam itself wasn't as bad as I feared yet I'm under no delusions that I excelled it. After the exam I played a little Halo with Huw (he had an exam finnish the same time and it was nice to relax with him) then went back to Langstone. Dinner, WoA and then reading. I spent all evening reading and also napping. I'm very tired and plan to have a bit of a lie in tomorrow as I've not got an exam till Thursday.

6 comments:

Major Look said...

I think you will find that the brightness in the morning is a new phenomenon caused by a seasonal change. Some people have been calling it springtime, but many are unsure as to why this change is happening.

The latest advice is not to look directly at the large shiny thing in the sky, and that if you need to sleep more it has been suggested that you go to bed earlier.

It would be a good idea to read up on this subject more, as scientists think that 'seasons' are here to stay.

Brett Jordan said...

0555 is also a relatively rare phenomenon among students... however, for some of us it means, 'been up for nearly an hour, time to put stuff in the car ready to drive to the gym' :-)

glad you made it to the exam

your ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Teifion said...

One of the things I've missed at Uni is my family. The closest I've found to a person that's quick witted here is Huw.

Brett Jordan said...

And the link between 'your family' and 'quick witted' is?

your puzzled, ever-luvvin' uncle brett

Teifion said...

My family tend to be somewhat more quick-witted and wittier than the people at Uni. Don't get me wrong, the people at Uni are good, they're just not as good at Verbal Jousts.

Major Look said...

I agree - Verbal jousting is a sport that needs more coverage.

Normally it is only on Sky Sports at 3am in the morning - I think that there is enough demand for it to go mainstream!