The blog has now moved!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Nothing amazing - Wednessday

Yet again, I got to bed at about 0200. This however was because I was disscussing Christianity with AJ and then later, with a lady in Bath Uni. It was quite an interesting discussion but bed called and so I had to stop conversing after a while. I got up a little later than yesterday, but not by a huge ammount. I got in awake and attentive for my 0900 Internet Apps lecture. Sadly it was going over stuff that I did in A Level about Databases. Very useful for those that didn't know it, but not so useful for me. Misha's lecture went right over my head (again). After the lecture we went to see David Ndzl. Gareth and Chris came along and they're going to join in. It's looking good so far. After that I met up with Sam, Richard and Philip (their housemate) and we went to 'stores'. It sells used Uni computer stuff. They've got loads of G3's there (300mhz ones) and buckets of other very old stuff. Richard walked away with a new printer for £5. Sam and Richard are going back after easter because ISO will be getting rid of their old servers. Another Sam and a guy called Ed from the CU also arrived and Sam gave me a lift back to Sam, Richard and Philip's house. From there I walked to Langstone. I got back to langstone and played Marathon until dinner (there wasn't long). After dinner I made a start on some WoA stuff that I would have liked to have done earlier this week as it affects the players a fair bit. Later I went and got free food from the refectory. Two chickein legs, free. I'm going to try to think of something to get the refectory staff to say "thank you" for all the free food I get and because they do a good job. Hall Group was quite good, we side-tracked a lot, but they were fairly breif. Importantly however Lawrence came up with a solution to my dilema. Lawrence and Sarah are getting married later this year, on the 17th of June. This is after I have to leave Halls (by about a week) and therefore I'd either have to miss it or have a massive train journey down and back. Lawrence suggested that I find someone who's in a house and staying here for a while and ask if I can lodge with them for a week. Assuming I can find someone, the only forseeable problem is that I'll have to transport a lot of stuff from my room to this other house, it'll just have to take several trips. Lawrence did offer that if he and Sarah found a flat (they're going to try to stay in Portsmouth) that I could kip on the couch for a week. The problem is that I'd not be able to get back to the flat after the wedding as they'll be on their Honeymoon. What this also means is that I'll be taking my massive bag with me to the station to bring back anything I don't need (less to carry later), just gotta make sure it's not too heavy or I'll miss the train and that's not good.

Sarah and... Sarah (not the one getting married) made a rather large mistake about an hour ago. She joked that she was going out with someone (there was a name but I've omitted it). Then she said she was joking. Rather than "admit defeat" I proved impervious to her "truth telling" and insisted that I should make a blog mention about it. I've only mentioned this because I had nothing else to put here and because Sarah needs to know that I think it's a joke. Don't want her worrying too much.

0 comments: