The blog has now moved!

Friday, March 24, 2006

Bigots - Thursday

Up early for my 0900 lab. By the end of the lab we had just about all our main hardware sorted out which is really good. David and myself are doing it differently because we can get more marks like this. Rick says that "You just have to be different". He's a laugh that Rick... I went to get a Mothers day card sorted then got the bus back. Between slacking, Marathon (Level 11 or so) and of course WoA I didn't get an awful lot of stuff done. I did however look at the bike. It's had a flat tire for a long time now and I don't know why (beyond having a puncture). The problem is that it's a really slow puncture, however the edge of the back outer-tube is sort of split so I think that's got a large part of the blame that's going somewhere. That said, it's possible to cycle on it. It's just not comfortable going over bumps, the rest of the way the wheel turns fast enough that it doesn't need to be pumped up again. I also gave the bike a really really good clean. I cycled in for the C lab, normally I'd have gotten the bus, however, Brierley was ill yesterday and so I figured I'd not be walking her home, the bike would be a big time saver. The C lab was okay, we still need to sort out exactly what I'm writing. My current idea is that they send me the code and I write an analysis of it, I'm good at that. At the end of the lab after almost everybody had gone I just spent time talking to the research student Matt about computers. On the way out of the building I was wearing my "flash and go" jacket while walking next to Nick Savage. He didn't even comment on it which I was surprised about. I got to Christianity Explored (CE) nice and early. The only company I had for a while was Lizzie and she wasn't very talkative and asked me not to try to embaress her (despite the room being otherwise devoid of people). So I played Quake. When Sam got there he played Quake, he got very involved in it very very fast. So far all of Christianity is fitting together in a completely logical and provable way. Currently there's a high chance of me becomming a Christian. The strange thing however is that I understand it all, I have faith in it all but I don't feel any different. Brierley did turn up (despite being ill) and so my plan sort of flopped. CE finnished in time for Brierley, Lizzie and Greg to get the bus, I spent the time keeping up with it for most of the way before a combination of the semi-flat tyre, cold air and dodgy front brakes (they were sticking) forced me to actually stop and have a break (i've started coughing as it is). Once I got back I chatted to Sarah, Brierley and Sarah's floormate called Amanda. Sarah was doing some funny jig half the time. Amanda said "She's cold and got wobbly knees because she's in love". I'll say no more on that... I've also started looking at a game similar to WoA called Nationalism. I've discovered that half the players from from WoA, so it should be a good laugh if I decide to stay.

Bigots If think that's the term I'm looking for. Forget any kind of bias I've got against drunk people, that's nothing compared to what I think of people that insult you or your friends and their ideas, then don't back it up with any proof and prove impervious to any kind of debate. As the person competely ignored almost all my questions and just droned on I was forced to ignore him. In retrospect I've now blocked him.

2 comments:

Major Look said...

You could always 'buy' a new back tyre and a new inner tube. Pump the tube up and then cycle safe in the knowledge that the tyre had a good chance of still being inflated when you return to the bike :-)

Also it may be worth while buying a tube that has 'slime' in it already, so it will self-seal if anything penetrates the tube at a later date.

Anonymous said...

You get more marks for doing it differently :O, wells thats nice for not telling us we will get less marks doing the task they set!!