The blog has now moved!

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Not good - Wednessday

I had an 0900 Internet Apps lecture this morning. I awoke at 0700 ish as planned. However, I turned my music down and fell asleep. Not a good start. I managed to awake at 0845 and after wash, dress, breakfast and packing got the 0930 bus for my 1000 lecture. Luckily the lecture that I missed was stuff that I learnt in A Level about Relational databases. I understand the subject very well so that's always a good start, obviously, not everybody has exactly the same education as me so it's good that Shikun is going over the items. Misha Filip's lecture wasn't very easy to concentrate in at all. After it Gareth, Chris and myself went to the ECE KTG. I've got a little more stuff to do and we're hoping to have it ready by the weekend. Something of interest to at least 3 people that read this blog is that David Ndzl is thinking of getting people from the Creative Technology department to do graphical stuff. I think that's a pretty good idea as, for all the programming knowledge we may have, we can't make much in the way of graphics (I can make very very spiffy flow-charts, but that's it). After the ECE KTG I got onto one of the last levels in Marathon Infinity and then got the bus back to Langstone. There I carried on work on the website and did the standard WoA stuff. Dinner was excellent, Roast Wednessday always is. After dinner I played Worms Armaggedon against Gareth. It's basically a 2D world with small worms that shoort missiles and suchlike at each other. It's impossible to play it in a serious (well, for me at least). Just before hall group I aquired 3 bits of chickein from the refectory. That's lunch and dinner for tomorrow. Hall group was very good, we did wade off topic a lot but it was good (i.e. Lawrence told me how to make a REAL morter). Next week there's no hall group because we're doing something involving chocoloate and giving said chocolate to other people. After hall group Gareth and I played more worms. Sadly I lost track of the time and it's now 0115 on Thursday. This isn't a good thing as I've got an 0900 lab tomorrow.

Fact of the Day One of Sam's lecturers today said "umm" over 100 times in one hour. Guess who it was...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the word spiffy

Teifion said...

It doth be a most worthy word for occasions a plenty.

Anonymous said...

Mortar

And it's really a real one, only for eggs, more the pity...

Any way, thine quaint turn of phrase doth verily rest upon mine ear as a pleasing summers cloud...

flo.xx

Anonymous said...

spot the missing "not"

Anonymous said...

Worms = awesome

sparkly shoes said...

Just for you Teifion, the blog has been resurrected today, it won;t be daily anymore but as you seemed upset when I said I'd stop it I'll do it sporadically

Teifion said...

Yay to Sparkly Shoes :)