The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Goodbye Pete - Tuesday

Early early start for my 0900 lecture. I got up at 0700 so that I'd have time to get ready, make breakfast and even log onto WoA. The first lecture was maths and I failed to understand any of it. I was still very tired so decided not to go to the optional math hour. The Computing lecture was interesting. Chi told us how to use some of the stuff and where to get it from. I spent that lecture using my laptop to connect to the University computers and do what Chi was telling us to do. It felt a little cool :) Lunchtime was good, I'd packed myself a tuna sandwhich and enjoyed it a lot. I spent the rest of the break playing Marathon and demonstrating real physics, i.e. you fire a rocket launcher and it jumps you in the air, you fire it again and due to lack of friction, it propels you across the map. The B122 lecture was not bad either. After the B122 lecture I went to Chris Clarkson's math lecture. He did a much better job than Charlton and I now understand a lot more. I didn't turn up to the B102 lecture. I've found that I'm about 3 marks away from passing the unit as it is and we've only done 50% of the unit. Heck, if I revise for the exam I could get a massively high mark and bump up my average. Currently, due to my lower than wanted B161 mark I'm going to make sure I do well in B162 (B161 part 2) and get a good overall mark. That way they'll say "Umm, he must have been ill on that day, lets let him pass". Dinner wasn't amazing, sadly. I started work on some very good WoA stuff after dinner, but not for long. Today was Pete's last day before he went back home. So we were throwing a sort of party for him. In total, Sarah, Brierley, Stuff, Chris, Emma, SiƤn, Lizzie, Andy Ward, Hannah, Pete, Phoebe, Colin, Andrew and Sam all managed to fit into one room. We played loads of very good games and had great fun. First off we played Mafia. Round one saw me as the narrator and in round two I was a Mafia. I survived until the end at which point I was voted off by my own team-mate. Thanks Sam. Mafia is hard to explain simply so I won't try very hard. It's similar to Big Brother, but you've got a special night-time vote by the bad guys. It's far inferior to something I played online called "Cultists Among Us". After Mafia we played the "Animal Game". That was very very good fun, but due to my loudness and the fact that I was a Lion my throat is now sore. The Animal Game is very simple. You have a circle of people, each seat is an animal and you have to make your animal noise, then the noise of another seat while looking at that seat. If you forget the right noise then you go to the end of the circle and everyone moves up. After the Animal Game we played "Say G'day to Bruce Bruce". I was appalingly bad at it. It's a variation on the Animal Game, but you always talk to the one on your left and every time someone gets it wrong the name changes. It very fast becomes a nightmare to remember names. After that we played a very very funny game. "Honey won't you Smile?". "Honey won't you Smile?" is a very simple game. Whoever is 'on' has to go around the room, sit on someones lap and say (roughly) "Honey I love you, won't you smile for me?". The 'defendant' must then (without smiling) reply, "Honey, I love you, but I just can't smile". It is very good fun and very hard to keep a straight face. After that we played the mumble game which was a bit rubbish. The objective was to talk in a certain pattern, but you could never show your teeth. I did well, but didn't enjoy it very much. We stopped all the games and went home at about 0040. Though, most of the people went home before that (wimps). Now, to get some sleep before an 0900 lecture tomorrow :s

HWFIP Quote of the Day From the amazing mind of Charles Schwab I am hearty in my approbation and lavish in my praise. When saying something is good, go the whole hog, say why it is good and why you like it. Tell people a reason why you're complimenting them and it'll not even appear similar to flattery which is not a good thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teif, Marathon is insane. I am stuck on the second lvl sadly. I find it rather difficult.

Teifion said...

Are you playing M1A1, Marathon 2 or Marathon Infinity? Also, there's a difficulty setting, took a while before I could play on Total Carnage ;)