The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

ECE KTG - Wednessday

I got up nice and early. Rather than go to the 0900 math lecture I went to the Web Design lecture I was meant to. It's just about to reach the stage where I'm going to have to turn up to the Web Design (B144) lectures on Wednessday or find some another time. This is annoying as it means I can't get the extra maths in unless I read ahead about what's being talked about at the lecture. After B144 we had the second part of the unit I've failed. It's not at all easy to concentrate. Thankfully 20% of the whole module is in one off little lab sessions. My plan is to revise for those and get 15%-20% of the whole module before the test. This'll make it a lot easier to pass, it's clearly the unit I need to try hardest at. While the rest of the slackers went to get the bus I went and chatted to Matt. He's the third year who knows loads of stuff about programming. We talked about basic physics, mostly the physics behind dropping a big rock on a city (I was thinking of a possibility in WoA, imagine how funny it'd be if someone did it). After chatting to him for a while I went to see a lectuer. Dr David NDZL (in the email I got his surname is all capitalised). He's started up a group called the 'ECE Knowledge Transfer Group'. From what I can see it's a group of people who know how to make websites that make websites for companies. It's not paid and it'll not get me more marks, but the companies are encouraged to make donations to the students. The most important thing is that it will get me work experiance and make me much more employable. After the chat I looked at the time, it was 1300 and there was no bus for another half hour. 40 minutes later I was almost back at Langstone, my shins were aching a lot and it hurt to put any preassure on them, and the bus caught me up so I got on it. Once I got back I helped Nathan by downloading some drivers for his computer, the Uni wireless has been acting up, Aaron can't connect either. I spent the afternoon doing some WoA stuff, then dinner then more WoA. The Hall group this evening was quite good. We spent a very short ammount of time playing "Honey I love you" and also the "Animal Game". We also spent some time looking at Revelations (that's the end bit of the Bible). Now, I've been a little deprived of sleep recently so I'm going to bed a little earlier tonight, heck, it's a lot earlier.

Why Guys Don't Show Emotion Well, one reason. It's something we talked about in the Hall Group. We figured it's because ladies spend their time being told they should look a certain way or they're ugly. Hence, place a lot of importance on physical appearance. Men on the other hand do not have much preassure put on them, therefor they don't feel very self concious, therefore are not offended.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

guys show plenty of emotion. From anger to happiness. If your referring to the emotion of crying and sympathy etc. I think thats a very bold statement. Every man cries, alot of them hide it.

My mate acts like the hardest guy in the world and he really is a tough fella. But one day his girlfriend left him and i couldnt believe it. He cried like never before.

I myself feel like crying on times, (especially during the lion king)

Anonymous said...

ti, this isn't about todays post but what was the blog that you thought was me? I tried sparkle-shoes (I thought thats what you said) and it can't find it.
Sara

Teifion said...

Okay, I needed a thing to go at the bottom of the post. It turns out I am probably wrong.

Sorry Sarah, I thought it was you. My mistake.