The blog has now moved!

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Week of Work Begins - Monday - 17th of October

I had a practical computing session at 10 so got to the uni for that time. I sat next to Tom and we completed the work pretty well. However, Tom failed me on one key point during the session. We were told that if we took our Campus Card to a guy with a load of stuff, we would be given our lab kit, the lab kit it transpires, has some neat stuff. Tom already had a kit as he was staying back a year, he therefore had the opportunity to go up and get a second. He said that he didn't want a second, I informed him that I'd be happy to take it off his hands, he decided not to, I was most disappointed. After the session I found that I had printed out the wrong timetable (there were three to choose from a list that I didn't even see) and so I dashed back to Langstone to grab a slice of bread and a forkful of Tuna Fish, print out a new time table and grab a bus back for Internet Applications (another practical session). The lecturer was not lecturing, we had an online document to work through (teaching us HTML). I wanted to know if I could use my World of Arl website for the coursework, he promptly told me that I would not need to pay much attention for the next few lectures (I told him that I now code by hand, not GoLive), I spent the session doing HTML on the Mac for the WoA website. After messing around with HTML and CSS I showed the 15" Powerbook off to a guy named Ben, he's now seriously considering getting one off ebay :) My third lecture of the day was a mathsey one, I taught the FOIL rule to Ben, I'm sure my old Maths teachers will be proud to know that all the stuff they taught me is really coming in handy. After that I got a bus back, I met a lady from the CU called Briley. The number of people cramming onto the bus (single decker) was so much that I was forced to fold my seat up so that we could fit more on (My plan had been to push on so I could save a seat for Briley, being a Gentleman and all). In the end she did manage to get a seat when some people got off. After getting back the two of us grabbed a hasty lunch in the Refectory with Sam and Marisa. Both Marisa and Briley do languages and so knew each other, today Sam decided he would eat his donut, pity... The CU meeting was great fun and we all went to the Pub afterwards. After the pub another lady from the CU, also at Langstone called Sarah drove us back, but first we stopped at a petrol station to get some sweets. Being wimps, all the ladies said they felt too embarrassed to buy the sweets alone, and even with me saying 'Get these' Briley took a long time to get some. Then it turned out we were meant to get fruity sweets, I told them to wait there, I managed to get three times the amount that Briley did, and in less time too :P

Lesson of the Day - Be decisive when you need to be, otherwise you'll be there all day

0 comments: