The blog has now moved!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Free Hot Chocolate - Saturday - 22nd of October

I got up early ish, well, for a student. I was in the city center to return some books and pay my 40p fine (they were a day late), I then went to the bank to get my student stuff. I'd have seen the student finance people but they are not in on the weekends so I couldn't. On the way back I meant to get some bottles of stuff to drink for tomorrow but completely forgot, looks like I'll be popping into Asda or Lidl tomorrow morning on my way to the Church Crawl. Once I got back I went down to the refectory, found a power socket, checked with Tom that I could use it, sat down, and connected to the Internet. I had a couple of things that I had to update, I also looked at all the webcomics I wanted to. Towards the end of the four hours that the refectory would be open for I asked for and was allowed some free Hot Chocolate, mmmmmm. The really really funny part however, was when everybody else was asked to leave because they were closing but I was told I could stay, neat huh :) After that I had the WoA results to do with WarpGhost and Arakasi, I do know their real names, but I wont be posting them here. We had great fun, well, I did, they hadn't realised the scale of the work I single handedly did every week, they also managed to allocate themselves the teams with the biggest orders topics (they take more time). I used that time to sort out some Admin stuff on the site so it did work out to be fair. Overall it was a lot better, despite taking longer, because we were chatting to each other most of the time, the time went much faster. During the results I had lunch and dinner, both were two slices of bread and a half slice of Gammon, it was yummy, mmmmm. A special mention must now go to a couple of people. Anton from WoA (not the Anton from Wales) and James (he is from Wales). They have been continuously 'wishing me well with the ladies', well, they wanted to be mentioned and so they have, thanks guys, you are a constant source of amusement to me and I hope you never stop. I spent the rest of the evening downloading the webcomics to hard disk, some are pretty funny, they are gonna be my desktops. I would have used Adobe Acrobat to download them but for two reasons. With the broadband I have here and the size of the comics, it hits the comic servers a little too hard, secondly, it doesn't do it properly. looks like I'll have to do it the slow way :(

Lesson of the Day - Not all cars/vans/trucks look in their mirrors before turning, I almost got my back wheel taken out by a Van (yes, back wheel, that's how fast I accelerate)

0 comments: