The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

TOFFEE SQUARES, WOOO - Tuesday - 18th of October

I had stayed up late last night, so getting up at 0700 was not easy, however, I sort of managed it (10 minute lie in). As I had run out of bread I had some pot noodles, they were acceptable. I got on the bus and headed to my first lecture (Internet Applications) for 0900, despite having being told by the teacher yesterday that I probably didn't need to turn up to half of them, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, it turned out I was fine. I sat in my first lecture with Peter and Nick, seeing as we already knew HTML somewhat better than the rest of the group we spent the time chatting quietly (while ensuring that we knew what was being taught) and generally not falling asleep, I also write some more blog. I really need a new battery, this one runs out too fast, it's not THAT easy to type onto a pitch black screen. Of course, after asking, it turns out that I am allowed to use those power sockets, so in Cripps' lecture I was able to use the Laptop, but I'm getting ahead of myself. After Internet Applications I had Engineering Analysis (read Maths). As the bus timetable hates me I wouldn't be able to get back and relax for long enough to make it worth it. So I went to the library, found that my wireless was activated and so downloaded 40 megabytes of system updates at a rate of whatever my wireless card could manage. During Cripps' lecture Ben admired the 15" some more and I downloaded 218 meg of quicktime movies in the space of a few minutes, it was great. Later my Dad came round, I spent the hour and a half before he got there getting a CSS template and basic read me ready for him, I hope it works, if anybody else wants something similar, tell me. My Dad brought round a load of extra clothes, my bike (hoorah), bike locks and such, my book on Algorithms (how I forgot that I'll never know) and this amazing substance called 'Toffee Square'. This amazing food substance will last until late Wednesday when I share what little will be left of it with the rest of the CU hall group. We got some stuff from Tescos, I now have a lot of food, tuna and FEBI (Full English Breakfast Ingredients). We then went to the Old Customs House and I took home a 1/4 of a chicken, yummy. We got back, I bade him goodbye and started unpacking stuff. I went onto WoA to find that nobody had said no to the EGM topic, Arakasi is now a Custodian (GM) and there is one more who'll be changing soon ish, they have something to sort out first.

Lesson of the Day - Halfords have the largest range of anything, but never what you need....

1 comments:

Mum said...

you are amazingly lucky to get that many toffee squares - do you realise how dangerous it was to smuggle them out of the house?