The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I rode my Bike - Wednesday - 19th of October

I woke at 0700, wow, a whole 7 ish hours sleep. But I didn't care, tuna/chicken sandwich then BIKE RIDE. I zoomed into town, overtaking over 100 cars. The reason for this was that there had been an accident somewhere and there was gridlock. Upon entering my first lecture I had a horrible experience, the Mac was not booting. It made the noise, but no screen, it didn't sleep.... Ben however came to the rescue, he removed the battery and held down the power button. This it appears resets something or other and it now works fine, the downside was that I had to re-do the clock. My first lecture was computing, Tom as usual turned up late, he then proceeded to make an idiot of himself by asking a load of stupid questions. The second lecture was something called 'The Technology Context' and I have to make some document or other about something, anything. I plan to make mine on World of Arl. After that was the Engineering Analysis where I taught Ben how to factorise or whatever it is where you find the roots of a quadratic equation. The last 'item' of the day was a chat with my personal Tutor. He's a really really nice guy called Reinard Khusainoe. I don't know if I spelt his first name correctly. He came to Portsmouth on the last day of August so is as new here as us. It appears that he would like to be (but isn't) teaching AI, I told him about the Othello game, it looks like I've found the best guy to help me. After that I headed home and grabbed a Tuna Fish + Chicken sandwich, Cup of Tea and a Toffee Square, mmmmmmmm. After a short time sitting down doing stuff I cycled back into the Uni, I cashed in some cheques and tried to change my Pin number (having forgotten it). The problem is that the new number is not being mailed to my current address... The other reason that I went there was to get my Student Account card, they didn't have it, all the people were once again really really friendly. Myself, Sam, Marisa and Abbey had dinner in the refectory, it was roast chicken and potatoes. Abbey's friend, Haddy (I think that's how it's spelt) was amazed that I liked the food, she was even more amazed that I went up to tell Tom about it on a regular basis. For my part I was aghast that her sense of humor was so bad she thought I was a funny person, yes it's true, somebody has a bad enough sense of humor to think that ^^. The CU hall group was great, we sat and chatted for a while, read some of the Bible and then all went off. I have a camera now, I am going to try to get some pictures of the prettier people near me on the web soon, then I'll put the uglier ones (Dan) up there too.....

Lesson of the Day - That which you want will come to you if you wait

0 comments: