The blog has now moved!

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Long Way - Sunday - 9th of October

I got up at my usual early time, cooked a delicious Gammon and Egg breakfast, checked my mail and headed out to the Union. The Christian Union (CU) were holding a Church Crawl and I had missed the last two events. Langstone is a 40 minute walk from Langstone village, if that is you walk as fast as I do. One lady from my wales commented that I 'Power-walk' everywhere, that is completely untrue, power-walking involves swinging the arms, mine remain vertically aligned, therefore, I don't power walk. Of interest on the way was a sporty car with an interesting number plate. I cannot remember the whole plate, but the last three digits were 'CYA'. It gave me a chuckle. After arriving I was greeted warmly, and also with a certain amount of amazement that I had walked. Back in Wales I had attended an Evangelical church so decided that I'd go with that one here, it was so, so similar to the Welsh one that I half expected the pastor or youth leader from Wales to arrive. After the service there was a free cup of tea and biscuit, I talked to a couple of people, then, just when I was about to walk back to Langstone I was offered a Sunday lunch by the Mitchell family. It was delicious and cured any kind of homesickness that I may have at some point felt with regards to family meals at home. After the lunch I walked back, my amazing sense of direction failed me and I had to ask for directions. I stopped by Lidl and bought some boiled sweets, tasty. When I finally got back I was a little worn out so had a good sit down.

Lesson of the Day - Never be afraid to ask for directions

0 comments: