The blog has now moved!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I Hate Washing - Thursday - 13th of October

I awoke really late today, mostly because I didn't set the alarm and because I didn't have a lesson until 1500. When I finally got up I didn't feel hungry so fiddled around with XCode on the Mac, I need to start learning C. Unfortunately I have no idea how to actually test anything I write, the readme, though comprehensive in what seems to be most areas, is somewhat lacking in the 'I'm a first timer, what do I do' area. At about lunch time I did my Laundry, the driers didn't do enough drying, so being the practical person I am, I simply hung what wasn't dry up in my room, went out to my lecture and came back to find it had turned cloudy and that my stuff was still damp, ah well.... I spent a little more time not figuring out how to use XCode properly and gave up for the time being. I had something else to do, I had some WoA readme that needed writing so started on that, for those who play WoA, the magic section will soon be looking a LOT nicer, it should also load slightly faster. In unrelated news, I am running low on loo roll (stupid cold made me use loads up until I found that running water is really good) and after my fry up breakfast tomorrow I will be out of Gammon and Eggs, looks like I'll be going shopping some time :( Tomorrow I have one lecture at 1300, but it's two hours. I just hope that whoever ANT and GHP are, they are good lecturers and the room has a powersupply, the 15" has a battery life of under two hours, that's assuming I am using textedit on a black screen, scary huh ^^.

Lesson of the Day - If it isn't sunny, clothes will not dry as fast as you thought, especially if you do not have a washing line.

4 comments:

Mum said...

Quite often you need to let clothes have a couple of goes in the drier. if they are still wet take the clothes back to the drier and put them back in for another cycle.
And don't forget the loo roll.

Major Look said...

If batteries are running low, it is always a good idea to carry a spare ;-)

Teifion said...

Yeah, the problem is that one battery doesn't seem to want to charge, I plan to leave it charging overnight and hope for the best.

Major Look said...

To save battery power, always make sure Airport is oiff, and that you have gone through the Power Settings in the System prefs to ensure the machine is not accessing the hard disk etc. If you have a DVD in the machine, even if you aren't using it, it still spins up - meaning that useful power is wasted. Also - get the screen brightness turned down and make sure sharing is turned off.