The blog has now moved!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Two Song Names - Monday - 10th of October

For reasons that become obvious in the entry, the song 'I would walk 500 miles' and 'Everyday I love you less and less' become equal contenders. The Kaiser Chief song 'Everyday I love you less and less' applies to the busses, oh I like their timetable....
I got up at 8ish, got on the bus and went to the Anglesea building. I had a question about my timetable answered (this week is all over the place). After attending the lectures in the morning (well, midday) I attempted to connect to the wireless network in the building. Attempted is the wrong word, I found that the battery in the laptop I use was dead. I found that again, I had missed the bus, conveniently in the time-slot where I had to wait an hour, not half an hour, for the next bus. Being a resourceful person I took the time to wander around (in flashy shorts and t-shirt), borrow a book on computer graphics and still have to wait 10 minutes for the bus. After getting back I had a quick snack and then went to the bus stop, it transpired that AGAIN I had missed the bus, there was another hour break. This mean that I had two options, miss my lecture or walk. The choice I made must be obvious. I was only 5 minutes late and so I improved my time by 5 minutes. The lecturer didn't mind, particularly after I met him after the lecture to apologise. It should be noted that the bus back to Langstone went less than a few seconds after I got on it, another close call. The CU had a meeting at half six, so myself, Duane and Sam all went down to grab some dinner together. Sam decided that he wouldn't have his donut, I sit here eating it in between typing sessions (though I ensure that I eat away from the computer and wash hands if they become the least bit sticky). I met two very nice ladies at the meeting, Launa (sorry if I misspelt it) and Lauren. It appears that Welsh ladies are not the only ones that have the ability to completely not see the funny side of sarcasm. Lauren does not stay in Langstone so I would normally have made a sarcastic comment about it, I chose not to. Tomorrow promises to be an okay day, starting with a lecture at 0900, a lecture straight afterwards, finishing at 1100, though the second one has the same lecturer as yesterday afternoon, it may well end earlier. I then have a nice break until a 1300 lecture until 1500, I'll have to make sure I eat enough as we are not allowed food in the lecture rooms, hopefully we'll have at least a small break halfway through.
Lesson of the Day - If you are thinking of doing something, get up and do it, and don't be embarrassed if you are the only one doing it, everybody else wishes they could be like you

0 comments: