The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mac killed my Inner Child - Tuesday - 11th of October

I woke at 0700, and as I had a lecture at 0900 I had to get up. I had a tuna fish sandwich (always tasty), washed and got to the right room on time. It was about web design, it appears that by creating a website for my World of Arl game I have actually done enough to get 100% in the coursework. The second lecture was all about algebra, thanks to the excellent quality of teaching from all my maths teachers at Amman Valley School I didn't find it too hard. Steven and Myself found we had a half hour to kill before the bus arrived so went to the library. I returned a book on HMTL and picked up two on Java. Steven however got lucky, he found that they were giving out free books, well, book. He now is the proud owner of a massive book on Databases, I'll be keeping my eyes open for any others that appear there.
After getting back I grabbed another Tuna Fish sandwich and a dropped my Java books off before getting on the bus to attend a lovely two hour lecture. The lecturer in question Martin Cripps was really funny, and, uses a Mac. As it was a two hour lecture we had a break after an hour, during it he played several videos, including a very funny one I had seen before called 'Mac killed my inner child'. While everybody was booing Macs in general I was sitting behind the 15" laptop, ensuring that the brightness was high enough that people could see that there were two Macs in the room (Mr Cripps had one too). I have yet to see the lecturer about the Othello game (now called Odummo), it is progressing nicely and the AI can beat me most of the time. Just before writing the blog I used the Powerball, I'm not sure exactly how loud it is, but Sam next door says he can hear it, I am sure that a block a few meters away can hear it too, and I'm only hitting an RPM of 10,000. Interestingly at lower speeds it makes an odd 'wobbly' sort of noise, at high speeds it vibrates like a PC.
Lesson of the Day - Some libraries give out free books

2 comments:

Mum said...

that powerball needs to go back to Ireland!

Major Look said...

Send the Powerball back before you deafen your roomates!