The blog has now moved!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fun times - Friday

For the most part, I programmed and played games. I also worked on a website. Dinner was a very tasty pasta thing with some Garlic in it. Yeah, the veggie score falls down very easily and I need a new scoring system. After dinner I sent off a job application form and started on two others (online ones you can save). Then, I went over to Sam's house and had a great time. First off, it's actually Gareth's house, Sam just likes to say it's his. Gareth's house is very nice and so is the Wii. It's great fun to use and very different to the usual mouse orientated system of a PC or Mac. We played bowling ,4 players, I came second last first time and last the second. After bowling we played some game where you shot at baloons. I played against Gwen (I think that was her name, she didn't talk to me much) and thrashed her because I hit on the simple tactic of clicking the tigger constantly and having some semblance of skill at hitting the targets. In fact, I might have gotten the highest score of all three rounds (we played three rounds of two). The final Wii game was a spot the doubles thing. Emma beat me by 7 points because she kept telling me I was blocking the screen. Apparently I was also very energetic in my bowling actions, though to be fair I was spurred on by Sam leaping across the room, I felt I had to prove I could bound better. We watched Elf, it was most amusing and I liked it quite a lot, though as my Mum said, it might be because of the company. After Elf Jonathan + Becca and Gavin + Gwen went home leaving myself, Sam, Gareth and Emma to wait for Emma to be picked up by her parents. Gareth is a real geek and has read a lot of books that I have too, this gives him a "cool" score almost as high as if he played WoA. Sam played some Coheed and Cambria and we watched some funny videos on the net. Gareth gave me a lift home, I got home, blogged and went to bed. If it snows tomorrow (it might well) then I'll be postponing results a little as I will be "otherwise engaged".

5 comments:

Emz said...

The final Wii game was a spot the doubles thing. Emma beat me by 7 points because she kept telling me I was blocking the screen.

If you were constantly blocking the screen, then how did I win?

I must be even more skilled if I couldn't see the screen! ;p

Teifion said...

I wasn't blocking the screen, you just kept saying I was at cruical moments, forcing me to move and thus be distracted.

Emz said...

Suuuuuure...

We all know it was you who was blocking the screen at crucial moments because you were scared of being beaten by a girl ;p

Which is, sadly for you, what happened :P

You *could* demand a rematch, but the chances are I'd win, again... :P

Teifion said...

I'm up for a rematch all right. Just remember that this time I'll yell at you and move in your way.

Emz said...

Nothing I'm not used to from the last time...