The blog has now moved!

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Weekend - Saturday & Sunday

Saturday involved getting up later than planned, looking at WoA quickly, getting my stuff and getting into a car. Once we got to the CYE (Christian Youth Esomethingorother) center we had lunch and then got kitted up in wetsuit, bouyancy aid and also overalls. In the sun we felt very very hot. Getting onto the water it got more "normal". We were sailing two types of boat, a 1 or 2 man boat called a Pico and also a 3 man boat called a wayfarer (or something like that). I was in a Pico with Graham. Stage 1 was to sail to a bouy and turn around. Seeing as all the other Pico's had only one person in them we figured it'd not be too hard. We capsised. To get the boat "upright" again you have to put a lot of weight (i.e. all of me or most of Graham) onto the "dagger board" which is something like a large breadboard sticking out of the bottom of the boat. When trying to de-capsise it the Dagger Board is about half a meter out of the water. I weigh a chunky 60Kg and so pull-ups are not overly hard for me. Graham is not push-over when it comes to body strength either. It took us a long time to get one of us onto the dagger board to pull it over, it's amazing how well cold water saps your strength. Not long after getting back in, yep, you guessed right, we went over again. Experiance didn't allow us to de-capsise it much faster. After that all the boats were towed to a different (sheleted) area where it was easier to not capsise. I paired up with a guy called Tom and Lawrence announced that he was going to be playing Pirates (capsise everybody else). It took him a long long time to get us, when he did we both simply jumped onto his boat and all three of us ended up in the water. After that I just stood at the front of a boat, got the "driver" to go near someone else and I'd promptly jump across and then pull on the mast so it capsised. The funniest part was when I "missed" and managed to end up in the water with nobody else next to me, drat. After all the sailing we went to Lawrence's Parent's house. There was played Halo 2 late into the night, specifically the morning. I fell asleep on a Campbed at about 0300. Sunday morning and I was awoken at roughly 0730 and my throat was terrible. I'm guessing that my cold (which was getting a lot better) was made somewhat worse by the cold water I spent a fair bit of time in (no body fat, I can show my ribs with ease). Myself, Graham and Tom went back midday and I spent most of the rest of the day playing on the computer, reading (specifically A Storm of Swords and also Luke) and also resting.

Falling Asleep
I have trouble falling asleep each night. Only when I am well and truely knackered (such as Saturday) will I fall asleep in under a half hour, sometimes it takes over an hour to fall asleep and it's most annoying. Anything you can suggest to help me fall asleep?

1 comments:

Major Look said...

I thought you hated swimming - yet all you can do over the weekend is jump in and out of the water ;-)

Sounded like fun. Remind me not to allow you to 'drive' my boat.