The blog has now moved!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

BBQ - Friday

I got up at about 1000. The morning consisted of no breakfast, some revision (I have an Exam Tuesday), laundry and also WoA. About 1500 ish I went over to Huw's where we had late lunch and Halo, then we went to the BBQ not too long after that. The BBQ was very good. We played Football and had a good time. I even scored a Goal! One of the guys gets a bit competative and told me that if I kicked him again (it was an accident) he'd kick me again, I promptly ignored him. Edventually we all got tired and exhausted (cold air really does not help a lot) and went to sit down. After the football I got a bucket of sea water to put out the BBQ and was about to throw the remains (not a lot) over Colin when someone else (I can't remember his name, that's a bad sign for me) tipped it over me instead. I got more and sneaked up on him. Everybody suddenly started looking so I hid, climbed over a small wall and saw that he was waiting around a corner I'd been about to go round, I sneaked around a bit more and then threw it all over the back of him. He took it in good humour and Martin got it on his camera (he recorded a movie of it). I got two books today from a pair of Ladies at the CU, "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis and also "Jesus the Master" by John Pollock. The first is a fictional corrospondance between a senior Devil and a junior Devil and I'm looking forwards to reading it. The second book is a biography of Jesus and apparently close to a combination of all the Gospels, I'm looking forwards to reading that too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would recommend reading the first book first. C.S. Lewis is an extremely philosophical man and his writings reflect that. For example, the Chronicles of Narnia has very strong ties to Plato's Republic. It would help to have at least some sort of biblical backround before reading C.S. Lewis. Honestly, it is not the first book I would have given a new Christian, but I would definetly recommend reading it.

Brett Jordan said...

The Screwtape Letters is a very cool book Teifion, it was one of the first books I read when I became a Christian as well... funny and very insightful.

Your ever-luvvin' Uncle Brett

Teifion said...

I've started reading it (about a 3rd through) and it's very very good, I may well try to read it twice before returning it.