The blog has now moved!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Two man Lan party - Tuesday

I decided to give my 0900 lecture a miss, it's Internet Apps and the lecturer has specifically said I don't need to go (for now). I got in for the Engineering Analasys lecture. Next test is on Diffrentiation. I also found the following out. The mark needed for test 4 and 5 was not 22 (combined) but 18. The mark recieved for test 4 was 12, this means I need 6 marks to pass the module The lectuer who marked tests 2 and 3 will hopefully never mark any of my tests again, he marks harshly. After Maths lecture Howard and myself got lunch and filled in an individual Learning profile thingie, it looks like a load of rubbish. Cripps' lecture was on security so was more interesting than usual. During the break 8 of us played Quake 3 over wireless. I'd like to point out that I need a newer and faster computer and 400mhz is not able to cope with large maps and lots of players. That said my knowledge of the maps and practice at sniping kept me in the upper reaches of the scoreboards. After the lecture I went to ASK and learnt all about commas. It was very interesting, I got a free cup of tea without even asking). On the way back to Langstone I was at the top of the double decker bus with Aaron. We played a game of Quake on the bus, it was most amusing. We had to use trackpads and so couldn't shoot straight at all. I think I managed to hit Aaron about 5 times, all of which were by luck. The rest of the time I relied on the explosive nature of the guns. It's certanly the best way to drain a laptop battery. Dinner tonight was tasty, some sort of steak, and chips. After dinner I tried to find out why Marisa's CD drive was not reading CDs. I have no idea why and I'm not taking it apart to find out. While I tried to fix it Sam, Jack and Marisa watched Neighbours. I repeatedly pointed out things that were wrong in it. After that myself, Sam and Marisa watched the Simpsons. I played some Quake and modded my forum some more before going to bed. I hope you all like my current aim of writing more comprehensive reports. In return, I want to see comments, lots of comments from lots of people. Spread the word.

Annoying Noise of the Day Slurp. The Slurping noise is created by making an 'O' shape with your mouth and sucking gently. If done correctly the air will be sucked through the mouth and create the slurping noise against the cheecks. The cheeks should, by nature of the shape of the mouth, be indented and pointing inwards. Annoyance Factor - 9 Weirdness Factor - 0 Volume Factor - 4 Ease of Creation - 7 Average - 5

4 comments:

Mum said...

love the comprehensive blog. I hope you get the marks needed for the maths.
re the newer and faster computer - I think not. Recent research suggests playing too much Quake could seriously damage your degree

Teifion said...

It's not just for Quake. The MySQL server is a bit choppy too. And don't even get me started with XCode...

Major Look said...

If the 400Mhz isn't enough, maybe it would be best to leave the computer at home after Christmas and one of your brothers could enjoy its feebleness.

Teifion said...

Nah, I think I just need to inherit a nice, 800mhz 17" Laptop.