The blog has now moved!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My first adventure on a Web Forum - Wednesday

I need to get up earlier, I got up at 1300 today. Maybe I'm just trying to catch up on all that sleep I miss at Uni? I spent today improving more areas of the WoA readme, messing around on Candy Crisis and generally neglecting my studies. Tomorrow I've got a nice long car journey and plan to use it to design my AI for my Othello game at the end of the year. My first adventure on a Web Forum By a certain 'Nightbringer' (I know his real name) this might be called "That git locked me out of my forum". He is of course very wrong. Nightbringer had this forum, and, being the sort of slow witted person that he is promoted me to Moderator on it after I got loads of people to join it. At this time I had been using Web Forums for under a month and was not the best person to be a moderator. Nightbringer had some sort of holiday and decided to leave me as resident Admin. During the time on the board we had been planning for a big warhammer campaign. We decided it'd be a cool idea to get the evil side organised and so I started 'fixing' stuff. Within an hour of logging onto the Admin control pannel I had (without realsing) removed the Admin status of both myself AND Nightbringer. When he got back from holiday he was not best pleased but took it in good humour and decided that it was okay for me to be a moderator where I could stop spam, but not wreck the board. He also got someone in to sort out my mess. More recently when I installed my new forum he made a lot of snide jokes about it when it didn't quite work at first. I think I deserved them. I don't know that he reads this so I'm pretty sure that I'm safe. And remember, you don't need to be logged in anymore to post comments

Your sister running up the stairs at 1200 When you are trying to lie in, you do not like this happening. Annoyance Factor - 10 Weirdness Factor - 0 Volume Factor - 8 Ease of Creation - 2 Average - 5

0 comments: