The blog has now moved!

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas - Sunday

I awoke late, mostly because I wasn't that fussed about getting the presents right away. However, I don't like being smelly so got up and washed. My family and I opened our presents together (taking it in turns) and I'll list what I got and from who later. My Grandmother and Uncle Steven came over just as we finished so another round of present opening ensued. Shortly after that Auntie Laura and her boyfriend Anton came over. It should be noted that I didn't talk to the Swedish Anton all day so don't get them mixed up. Anton isn't used to family gatherings of the size we are, but he's getting better. Lunch was great and delicious too. After lunch I mostly played Candy Crisis against the computer and then Anton. I've gotten up to level 11 out of 12 and the computer moves so fast it's amazing I managed to score points. The blocks also fall so fast that the down key becomes unused. Candy Crisis is very similar to Tetris (figured I should clear that up). Later in the day I completed the Divination and Psychic lore write-ups for WoA. I also played a little more Candy Crisis. Also worth mentioning is that Lord Vivi from WoA nas a Skype phone. Skype is the telephone service over the internet. It was amusing. My Presents ~ Lots of Chocolates and sweets - Lots of people ~ Thinking Putty - Parents ~ Bike Lock - Parents ~ Toiletries - Parent (are they trying to say something?) ~ Book: The Timewaster Letters - Auntie Laura and Anton (not the Swedish guy I talk about) ~ Book: AI Game Programming Wisdom - Parents ~ Book: O'Reilly's Book on AI ~ Dilbert and Know it All mini Calendars - Gran and Auntie Laura and Anton ~ Max and Paddy's Road to nowhere wall calendar - Coel ~ Luminous Jacket - Mother ~ Underwear - Parents (again, are they trying to say something?) ~ Soft Cat toy - Auntie Laura and Anton (it's really soft) ~ Electric Razorblade - Uncle Steven and Sue ~ Plastic Feet for the laptop - Parents ~ Travel bag - Uncle Steven and Sue ~ LOUD bike horn - Parents (aparently airhorns are considered TOO loud) ~ Money - Auntie Margaret and Uncle Steven

Swansea Accent Okay, I lie, it's not annoying. But it is very amusing to make jokes about Lord Vivi's Swansea accent. Annoyance Factor - 1 Weirdness Factor - 3 Volume Factor - 5 Ease of Creation - 3 Average - 3

0 comments: